How to remove factory floor mats

vasy

Getting familiar with the group...
VA
I want to remove the factory mats but haven't been able to. The mats are secured to the carpet by some clips. What's the trick to unhook these clips?

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
pick the front part of the mat up a little. Now push the mat up and back towards the seat.
Mats will pop right off the clips, which have a slight cutout at the rear.
Don't pull up from the rear of mat first.

CarGuru

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks - it worked in 5 seconds.
Yea it works all right--as it deposits all the dirt, sand and crap right under your front seat. Whoever designed this system should be fired! I have owned dozens of cars over the years and this system of securing the floor matts is the worst I have ever seen.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yea it works all right--as it deposits all the dirt, sand and crap right under your front seat. Whoever designed this system should be fired! I have owned dozens of cars over the years and this system of securing the floor matts is the worst I have ever seen.
Probably designed by lawyers. Seriously, there were a couple of instances where a driver got into an accident because the floor matt got stuck under the gas pedal. I forget what brand it was. People have no idea they can shift to neutral if the engine does not slow down.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.