How to set up to continue streaming music after a stop.

Russ2019

Registered Member
California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Does anyone know how to set up the entertainment system to continue streaming music after the car has been shut off? All of my other cars would simply continue streaming music after a stop automatically.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My G80 does for approx 5 minutes then the battery protection kicks in and shuts the car off, opening a door also kills everything.

Don’t recall having to ever set anything, it just does it .

Russ2019

Registered Member
California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
What I mean is say you are streaming music and stop to get gas. Shut off the car, fill up and start the car again. Shouldn't the streaming automatically start again? On my car it does not, the radio comes on by default so I need to set it to streaming on the control panel.

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
This sounds like one of those “Do you have any Grey Poupon?” inconveniences.

Russ2019

Registered Member
California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It's not an "inconvenience," but my other cars continue to stream Bluetooth after the engine is restarted automatically so I assume the G90 would be the same. Maybe it's a setting issue.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Do you have that source checked in the list of valid sources? I can't recall where the screen is, but you can check off the devices which are enabled when you press the source button on the steering wheel.

I have a G80 but it does what you're talking about. If I'm streaming music from my cell phone and turn the car off get back in and start up, it resumes that same mode.

Russ2019

Registered Member
California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Do you have that source checked in the list of valid sources? I can't recall where the screen is, but you can check off the devices which are enabled when you press the source button on the steering wheel.

I have a G80 but it does what you're talking about. If I'm streaming music from my cell phone and turn the car off get back in and start up, it resumes that same mode.
Yes, I have my cell phone checked as the default Bluetooth source. I'm going to search the Media section of the owner's manual and get to the bottom of it. Thanks!

HotPotato

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
1. Driver listening to Bluetooth
2. Driver exists car to fuel up
3. Driver starts engine listens to Media Jukebox Hans Zimmer.
4. Driver must change back Bluetooth

this is poor UX and driver should have audio input source connect back to the last audio input source. No fix I know of. Dealership salesman complained about this too.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

this is poor UX and driver should have audio input source connect back to the last audio input source. No fix I know of. Dealership salesman complained about this too.
What odd is that my G80 does this.

Samsung S10e, 500+ mp3 files on phone, Samsung Music is set as default app for music. I usually have to start the music on my phone's player, but after that it continues playing when I restart the car.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Bad UX? So suppose the driver returns to the car without their phone in 5 minutes or 5 hours. How long is the system supposed to wait for the Bluetooth to connect (which it never will). What is the system supposed to be doing while waiting for the nonexistent Bluetooth connection?

Russ2019

Registered Member
California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Bad UX? So suppose the driver returns to the car without their phone in 5 minutes or 5 hours. How long is the system supposed to wait for the Bluetooth to connect (which it never will). What is the system supposed to be doing while waiting for the nonexistent Bluetooth connection?
Both of my other cars stay on the Bluetooth mode after the car is shut off. If you come back and don't have your phone with you it obviously will not play but it stays in Bluetooth or whatever mode it was in before the car was shut off.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
What odd is that my G80 does this.

Samsung S10e, 500+ mp3 files on phone, Samsung Music is set as default app for music. I usually have to start the music on my phone's player, but after that it continues playing when I restart the car.
I tested this today and I did not have to start the mp3 player on my phone, first. Actually I had just rebooted the phone, got in car and BT was not on. Turned it on, on phone, waited 10 seconds, then pressed Mode on steering wheel and BT music started playing. It also survived a car restart. So it does work.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums