• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

How to switch on the CO2 senser.

nickpike

Registered Member
UK
Hi, according to the manual, you hold a particular button (air distribution type) and hit the adjacent button (recirculate) button 4 times or more in 2 seconds. I don't see the icon on the AVN screen. Or does it only come on if excessive CO2 is detected?

Alwaysforward

Been here awhile...
South Florida - Treasure Coast
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
It comes on automatically. You have the option to shut it off or turn it on manually by holding down the Drive Mode button and pressing the recirculate button 4 times in under 2 seconds. Best thing is to just leave it alone and let it do its thing automatically.

nickpike

Registered Member
UK
It comes on automatically. You have the option to shut it off or turn it on manually by holding down the Drive Mode button and pressing the recirculate button 4 times in under 2 seconds. Best thing is to just leave it alone and let it do its thing automatically.
So are you saying it defaults to on every time you start the engine? If I have been going through the push button routine, there doesn't seem to be any indication I turned it off, but then I want it on anyway.
Nick

Alwaysforward

Been here awhile...
South Florida - Treasure Coast
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Not sure about in the UK but I was told (again, from a dealer so who knows for sure) that it is a safety feature that automatically turns on when you start the car. I could not find this written anywhere in the manual so I am taking his word on this. Maybe another poster would know for sure?

Man of Mystery

Registered Member
Not sure about in the UK but I was told (again, from a dealer so who knows for sure) that it is a safety feature that automatically turns on when you start the car. I could not find this written anywhere in the manual so I am taking his word on this. Maybe another poster would know for sure?
The CO2 sensor and its operation are explained on pages 150 and 151 in the 2015 Genesis Owners Manual.

Nikgen

Been here awhile...
Yes - I believe that's correct as well. You can turn the feature off on the climate screen under the menu setting:

Looks like I have the non-functioning rear climate issue as well (greyed out). Damn, this car has more than it's share of issues - I will never buy a 1st year model again!

MoabGen

Registered Member
N/A
Looks like I have the non-functioning rear climate issue as well (greyed out). Damn, this car has more than it's share of issues - I will never buy a 1st year model again!
Is this a wide spread issue? I know I've looked at these options and remember my rear climate box being checked, but I also leave the rear vent on to help warm up the cabin a little faster (10 degrees F this morning). Does the rear vent need to be on to check or uncheck this box? I'd check myself but not near the car at the moment.

Nikgen

Been here awhile...
Is this a wide spread issue? I know I've looked at these options and remember my rear climate box being checked, but I also leave the rear vent on to help warm up the cabin a little faster (10 degrees F this morning). Does the rear vent need to be on to check or uncheck this box? I'd check myself but not near the car at the moment.
There have been several posts on this issue. I tried it with the vents both opened and closed, but the box remained greyed out.

Man of Mystery

Registered Member
I just went out to the car (G2 3.8 Ultimate RWD) and checked the function of the rear vent controls.

When the climate system is set to Auto, the rear vents seem to be automatically set to on. If, while in the Climate display, one pushes the button controlling the vent levels, upper, lower, both, then selects the on-screen menu the rear vent control should show and can be either checked or unchecked.

It appears that the rear vent selection will always show as unchecked if the Climate System is in the Auto mode.

Nikgen

Been here awhile...
I just went out to the car (G2 3.8 Ultimate RWD) and checked the function of the rear vent controls.

When the climate system is set to Auto, the rear vents seem to be automatically set to on. If, while in the Climate display, one pushes the button controlling the vent levels, upper, lower, both, then selects the on-screen menu the rear vent control should show and can be either checked or unchecked.

It appears that the rear vent selection will always show as unchecked if the Climate System is in the Auto mode.
Thanks - will check that out. Maybe not an issue for me after all. Other's have reported having a module changed to correct an issue with inoperative and greyed out rear controls.

smirn0ff

Registered Member
Bulgaria
On my European G2, the rear seats climate controls are manual. The temperature is adjusted with a potentiometer like the ones for opening and close the vents.On the potentiometer is from blue to red scale.
Rear controls box, I didn't saw it active until now..

Comp1

Registered Member
Nashville TN
I was one of the early ones to have the rear ventilation assembly switch replaced. I discovered it on a hot day when my rear passenger could not feel any air out of the rear console vents. I accessed the ventilation system menu and the rear vents were grayed out. I took it in and they replaced a switch in the console itself and it works fine now. The key is both "no air" no matter how dials were managed and the "graying" out of the rear vent system on the screen.

nickpike

Registered Member
UK
I suppose this has nothing to do with an AVN reset?

MikeyTG

Registered Member
Joisey
I was one of the early ones to have the rear ventilation assembly switch replaced. I discovered it on a hot day when my rear passenger could not feel any air out of the rear console vents. I accessed the ventilation system menu and the rear vents were grayed out. I took it in and they replaced a switch in the console itself and it works fine now. The key is both "no air" no matter how dials were managed and the "graying" out of the rear vent system on the screen.
I noticed in mine that if both rear dials are turned all the way down the check box on the display will be greyed out. If it was unchecked at the time it won't be possible to enable it until the rear dials are moved from the down position.

I didn't test to see if it was actually one dial that controlled this, I was moving them both by reaching back from the front seat.