Staff member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thread starter #4
Yes, sir! Right here: https://genesisowners.com/genesis-forum/account/preferences

Deselect "Show people's signatures with their messages"...

Thank you, I must have glazed right past it.

There suppose to be a size limit for signature, especially images, this one covers entire page on my laptop :D

2018 G80 Homelink not working when the car is off
and it is the reason for this thread, while I have no issue with his message, the size of it is annoying..

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
All you have to do is ask instead of being so, secretive.:bow: There is an old but very applicable verse that goes like this; Ask and it shall be given you. Seek and ye shall find. Knock and it shall be open unto you. Did anyone ask? I believe, how about you?

By the way the size was accept by the signature settings, so it's a forum issue actually. :welcomeaboard:

Last edited:

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thread starter #6
All you have to do is ask instead of being so, secretive.:bow: There is an old but very applicable verse that goes like this; Ask and it shall be given you. Seek and ye shall find. knock and it shall be open unto you. Did anyone ask? I believe, how about you?

By the way the size was accept by the signature settings, so it's a forum issue actually. :welcomeaboard:
I understand it is a forum setting that allowed it, which is why I asked how to shut them off and didn't bother saying anything to you. Just because it bothered me is no reason to have you change it, hence why I didn't ask.. Wasn't trying to be secretive, I don't believe just because something bothers or offends me that I should make someone else change, I believe in live and left live. I'm not from the offended generation, and I don't sit in judgement of others. :cool:

And BTW your signature didn't offend, just to be clear, I have no issue with your message, it was simply the size that was at issue to me because of the devices I used to view the forums, it takes up the whole screen. I actually have the same complaint about those that use the FULL IMAGE instead of Thumbnail Image function, it messes up the formatting when viewing on tablets and mobile devices set to full site viewing.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm not offended and I understand. I believe in going to the source and asking first. That's Just me! I suppose it's one of the reasons I was a soldier.:rifle: I would have down sized it but I didn't know how. So, I posted as it was.

I hardly ever get offended and certainly not about our Lord or my Comrades in Arms. I'm easy, but I'm not cheap! :yes: You're welcome to ask in future, I'm generally quite accommodating. :bye: Hows this one below? I'm an older soldier with a young heart, so all this offend me too generation stuff just doesn't effect me or cut it.

I had a TI that said to us along time ago, "GET A PAIR!" and I did but that doesn't mean I don't understand.

Last edited:

MozartMan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
My dear comrade Spanky,

Could you explain me, please, what "TI" stands for? We didn't have that acronym in the Soviet Army. :)

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Iirc, Sal and I were talking about the size of the images in signature, as they were "too small" to show off our cars, I suggested to increase the limit to 500x150 pixels or 600x150 and he did. But it was ~2 years ago. I believe those settings were resets to default once the forum got upgraded, a few months ago.

@Spanky61 ....nothing personal buddy, I just used your sig for reference, it was so annoying I could not pretend I didn't see it :spoton::cheers: j/k

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My dear comrade Spanky,

Could you explain me, please, what "TI" stands for? We didn't have that acronym in the Soviet Army. :)
Well first, my Comrades in arms are; "those who shared the same thoughts, goals and aspirations of service to the people our country, as well as membership to an elite group of individuals who believe in service "that other's may live.":friends: If you are one of us, thank you for your voluntary service.:drinks: If you aren't, then I can understand why and the reason for asking what a TI is but I thank you for whatever you do for our country.

A "TI" is the same as a "DI", which is Drill instructor or Training Instructor. But thank you for asking. Do you require me to tell you what "GET A PAIR," means also?:spoton: No offense meant what-so-ever!

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
"@Spanky61 ....nothing personal buddy, I just used your sig for reference, it was so annoying I could not pretend I didn't see it :spoton::cheers: j/k"

I understand! I've got a big screen so it fit quite well without being too big. I since learned to size it down as you can see.:thumbsup:

Blessings and Peace

MozartMan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
A "TI" is the same as a "DI", which is Drill instructor or Training Instructor. But thank you for asking.
Thanks for explanation.
Do you require me to tell you what "GET A PAIR," means also?:spoton: No offense meant what-so-ever!
No, I got that. :cheers:

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thread starter #13
I'm not offended and I understand. I believe in going to the source and asking first. That's Just me! I suppose it's one of the reasons I was a soldier.:rifle: I would have down sized it but I didn't know how. So, I posted as it was.

I hardly ever get offended and certainly not about our Lord or my Comrades in Arms. I'm easy, but I'm not cheap! :yes: You're welcome to ask in future, I'm generally quite accommodating. :bye: Hows this one below? I'm an older soldier with a young heart, so all this offend me too generation stuff just doesn't effect me or cut it.

I had a TI that said to us along time ago, "GET A PAIR!" and I did but that doesn't mean I don't understand.
old Marine over here, 1986-1994. Spent part of that in the Sand box during the first Bush war. My Father was a Lt. Col O-5 in the Army 1949-1957, my Uncle served a total of 40 years; 20 in the Navy and exited as E9 then 20 in the Army and retired as a Chief Warrant Officer CW5, in 1991 with 3 Bronze Stars.

As for the sig, I have them turned off now, so whatever size you want is up to you, as I said, was my issue not yours.

Semper fi

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I thank you and them for their distinguished service to the people of our Country, God Bless them all.

Semper Fidelis
Toujours Au Danger
"That Others May Live" (AFSOC)
“This We’ll Defend.”

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Iirc, Sal and I were talking about the size of the images in signature, as they were "too small" to show off our cars, I suggested to increase the limit to 500x150 pixels or 600x150 and he did. But it was ~2 years ago. I believe those settings were resets to default once the forum got upgraded, a few months ago.

@Spanky61 ....nothing personal buddy, I just used your sig for reference, it was so annoying I could not pretend I didn't see it :spoton::cheers: j/k
I just made this change again - on the new system. Does it fix the issue?

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...

Too much information...

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
For some possibly, for others who actually "GOT A PAIR," doubtful, that is; (courage, bravery, manliness/womanliness and in charge.) Proportionately, it's all in the personal perception and where you let your mind go.:welcomeaboard: I'm sure my brothers in arms and in my mind especially, was on the above four words.:cheers::thankyouspin:

Last edited:

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
For some possibly, for others who actually "GOT A PAIR," doubtful, that is; (courage, bravery, manliness/womanliness and in charge.) Proportionately, it's all in the personal perception and where you let your mind go.:welcomeaboard: I'm sure my brothers in arms and in my mind especially, was on the above four words.:cheers::thankyouspin:
OK. Maybe not too much info. However, try that post on MacFumors and you might get banned. I did. And yes, I did 20 up in the "wild blue yonder".

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.