How would you rate the driving experience?

ZacSP

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hello all. I recently totaled my Infiniti g37x 2013. When I hit black ice spun and hit two trees. That said I now find myself in the market for a new car (new to me that is)

I came to the Infiniti after test driving about 12 other luxury cars and brands. And found it to offer lux amenities with sporty feel. Leaving the others to offer a boat feeling that left you desiring more feel for the road (for me anyway)

So before I get into test driving a gen 5.0 r spec this spring. How would you rate the feeling of these cars and alike models. Are they super lux and feel like a boat. Fair middle of sports and comfort. Or total sporty feel that will leave you hungry for more time behind the wheel?

ZacSP

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
One further question I may bring up in another thread. Which models have the dial clock not the digital. My Infiniti surprised me by having a dial face dash clock. Which I am fond of having a passion for wrist watches and class. I find the digital clocks in most gen models to be a bit subpar for their over all class and image.

ThunderChicken

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
No dial clock in an R-Spec that I know of.

I'd rate mine at a 9 out of 10.

Best thing would be to do a barrage of test drives in different makes/models that you're interested in until you find one that has what you're looking for.

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
The Genesis will feel heavier than the G37x, and the Rspec's suspension will be a bit tighter/firmer than the G. If you're picky about ride & responsiveness you have to drive one to be sure you like it. You might hate it, you might love it. It's all about you. :laughing:

OUsig

Been here awhile...
McKinney TX
Genesis Model Type
I have a 2013 Rspec and LOVE IT. It is bigger and weighs 200ish lbs more than the Infinity. Yet is just as fast or a bit quicker than the Infinity. With that being said, it is NOT a boat so I would go with your middle of the road ideal of comfortable yet still sporty enough to take a corner fast and the car will ride flat.
IMO it is a much nicer vehicle than the Infinity and you dont see them everywhere (a big plus to me).

I would not let a dial clock sway you in what vehicle you drive...a very small detail when considering the full package.
good luck! BUT if you really do want that clock - you need to get a 2015+ model

Last edited:

Daveydukes

Genesis Model Type
I don't have an Rspec, I have a 2012 4.6 . I prefered the 4.6 because of the Rspec requirement of Premium gas. I love the cars ride and performance is great. Only feature that I am not happy with is the awkward dialing for the GPS. Wish AWD was an option on this car, RWD is terrible in the snow.

OUsig

Been here awhile...
McKinney TX
Genesis Model Type
no need for premium gas with the Rspec
premium will give you max power but the engine will run just fine on regular. Not like some engines that do require premium gas to avoid knocking.
the 2013 and 2014 navigation and stereo is top notch and much better than previous years.

daviderle

Registered Member
I had an R-Spec and adored that car but it got totaled while saving my life, now I drive 5.0 and love all the tech, it is my forth Genesis in 10 years, all four have been a model of reliability, comfort, safety and all have represented great value for money, but IMHO it depends on what factors are important for each individual that would meet her/his needs.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.