Htrac AWD

MrBrad

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Has anyone here had any experience with the HTRAC AWD system? I understand that it has been used in the Hyundai Genesis the last couple years. I was hoping that someone that has driven in snowy conditions could comment on their experiences and how effective the system is. Snow should be coming in the next couple months so any feedback would be great. Thanks!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Has anyone here had any experience with the HTRAC AWD system? I understand that it has been used in the Hyundai Genesis the last couple years. I was hoping that someone that has driven in snowy conditions could comment on their experiences and how effective the system is. Snow should be coming in the next couple months so any feedback would be great. Thanks!
Had it on my 2015 and 2018. I would pull out of my driveway on a snowy day and head up a hill. On my regular commute I had a couple of long hills. Never had an issue and a few times passed other cars that were struggling.

When I put new tires on the 2015 my tire guy recommended Nokian WRG3, a year round tire with a snow rating. Never had a wheel spin.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Snow should be coming in the next couple months so any feedback would be great. Thanks!
Curious, what part of the world do you live in?

justjim

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I actually had good luck with my 2018 G80S AWD. I traveled thru a nasty snow and ice storm coming back from DC into PA. Awful driving conditions on poorly plowed roads and unplowed side roads. The car was equipped with the factory Continental tires with approx 30,000 miles on them. I put the transmission setting in snow mode and we were good to go. I will also say I went up an unplowed road without difficulty. If I drove the car regularly in snowy conditions I’d opt for a dedicated snow tire. Happy motoring, no worries.

MrRich4

Registered Member
Wisconsin
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I live in Wisconsin and am approaching my 3rd winter in my 2017 AWD.
I think it behaves quite well in snow.
Because of the weight of the car, I'd allowa little extra space to stop your first few times on snow.
I have only used all season tires. Haven't felt the need for dedicated snow tires.

Trixie86

Registered Member
Chicago, Il
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I live in Wisconsin and am approaching my 3rd winter in my 2017 AWD.
I think it behaves quite well in snow.
Because of the weight of the car, I'd allowa little extra space to stop your first few times on snow.
I have only used all season tires. Haven't felt the need for dedicated snow tires.
Works great in Chicago

Njford92

Registered Member
Midwest, iowa
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
AWD handles snow amazing. I had some wiring issues last winter that would sporadically limit me to 2wd and it was evident how incredible the 4wd system was after experiencing that. I had original continental tires from 2018 mounded also

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Light2000

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
It’s great but will be like playing basketball with 1 arm tied behind your back unless you have some good tires to go with it. Tires with good tread play a huge role in how the car or any car behaves in snow.

Trixie86

Registered Member
Chicago, Il
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It’s great but will be like playing basketball with 1 arm tied behind your back unless you have some good tires to go with it. Tires with good tread play a huge role in how the car or any car behaves in snow.
Air Jordan's?