Huddleston's Build Thread

Huddleston

Registered Member
Fayetteville, AR
Hey guys, I wanted to start a thread to document the progression of my Genesis over the next few months. Its always fun to look back at the progress of the car and see how the modifications completely change the look of the car. First I'll layout my plan and I will update the thread with pictures of the parts as they arrive and as they are installed.

1. Debadge both front and rear - DONE
2. Fill front and rear holes, repaint front bumper and trunk
3. Window tint - 5% all around with 15% on the windshield - DONE
4. Velgen VMB Wheels - 20x9 front and 20x10.5 rear - ORDERED
5. Tires - TBD - most likely going with Nitto Invo
6. Ceika Type 1M Coilovers with helper springs - ORDERED
7. Drilled front and rear rotors from Adam's Rotors - ORDERED
8. Electronic exhaust cutouts - brand and placement TBD
9. Replace Factory Air intake tubing and filter with custom made intakes
10. Install Blinder HP905 Laser blinders

I will update the thread with pictures of the window tint this afternoon or this evening. I will also add pictures of the rear debadged currently, the holes are scheduled to be filled and areas repainted in two weeks.

Unfortunately there are not many aftermarket companies that support the Genesis Sedan platform so most of the work has to be custom. I realize not everyone will be supportive of modifications this extensive to this car and that's fine. For those of you that are excited about the build I appreciate your time and interest.

My goal is a clean daily driver with simple modifications. Let's get started!

Huddleston

Registered Member
Fayetteville, AR
I honestly haven't owned a car that I am this excited about since purchasing my Shelby. I can't wait to see how the Genesis turns out!

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Cool! Subscribed! :)

blkgenRspec

Registered Member
Tx
Sounds good, cant wait to see it man..

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Subscribed, but if you don't post some picts in a timely fashion, we're going to make fun of you :).

Huddleston

Registered Member
Fayetteville, AR
Subscribed, but if you don't post some picts in a timely fashion, we're going to make fun of you :).

I completely understand. As I mentioned, trying to get the link correct using my Flickr App is difficult. I've posted pictures plenty of times, just not using this app. I'll work on it and have some posted today so I can get flamed over how unsafe my window tint is :)

Tailwalker

Registered Member
ILM, NC
I'm in. Can't wait to see. Too bad you already ordered wheels...I have a set of 3pc for cheap. LOL.

Very interested to see how you do your intake. It was fun on my build trying to adapt the low pressure catch from over the radiator.

Midnightsun

Been here awhile...
Montreal, Canada
I'm definitely in. Really want to see and hear the electric exhaust cut outs. :D

Huddleston

Registered Member
Fayetteville, AR
I'm in. Can't wait to see. Too bad you already ordered wheels...I have a set of 3pc for cheap. LOL.

Very interested to see how you do your intake. It was fun on my build trying to adapt the low pressure catch from over the radiator.

haha, I am sure there will be some challenges when I get into it. As for the wheels, I have a great relationship with Velgen from working with them on my Shelby. The gunmetal and concave look is going to be perfect I think.

Huddleston

Registered Member
Fayetteville, AR
I'm definitely in. Really want to see and hear the electric exhaust cut outs. :D

there is a Youtube video of a guy with them on his first Gen Rspec. I thought they sounded great. It is nice to be able to have it loud and obnoxious and then with the flip of a switch things to back to being docile and quiet.

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I completely understand. As I mentioned, trying to get the link correct using my Flickr App is difficult. I've posted pictures plenty of times, just not using this app. I'll work on it and have some posted today so I can get flamed over how unsafe my window tint is :)

Just as a PSA this site has a photo section as well, though I'm not sure how limiting it is, or if it's available at all, if you aren't a supporting member.

Huddleston

Registered Member
Fayetteville, AR
The night we bought her....

Rear Debadged.... Looks so clean!

After window tint..

decided to meet a friend for lunch...

I plan on taking the car out for some better pictures of the tint this evening or tomorrow if the rain decides to go away. I'd like to get some better shots of the sides and the windshield. Next up filling in the holes on the bumper and trunk!

Last edited:

lobsenza

Registered Member
Austin, TX
What are electric exhaust cutouts?

Midnightsun

Been here awhile...
Montreal, Canada
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums