• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

humming noise in trunk ??

Hopgo

Registered Member
My 2015 Genesis AWD with all the packages has a humming noise in the left rear quarter panel in the trunk with the car just sitting in the garage....not running.......sounds like a hard drive or DVR noise......It's on regardless of the trunk lid position. My wife's Genesis without the premium package does not do it........????? Any ideas ?????

Hopgo

Registered Member
Come to find out it appears to be the amp in the left quarter panel. Dealer says come in Mon to have it looked at . If I pull the 25 amp amp fuse the noise stops. Does anyone else hear this sound ?? It's behind the small access panel in the left quarter of th trunk.

Hopgo

Registered Member
I pulled the AMP fuse from the fuse block in the trunk (25 amp labeled AMP) and the noise stopped. FYI the parking sensors also stopped working with the fuse pulled. I assume the fuel pump must have a separate fuse labeled as such ????

Hopgo

Registered Member
I just returned from the dealer.......they confirmed the amp fan is running continuously......with car on or off.........and according to Hyundai techline "most likely normal". I still find this hard to believe. When speaking with other dealers they all say it is not normal and they can't hear anything from the trunk area from the amp when the car is off. Not sure where to go from here..........

Hopgo

Registered Member
Not to beat a dead horse but does anyone have any ideas as to where I go from here ?? I'm going to check a different dealer today and listen to the amp of there in stock Genesis' with the same audio system and triple confirm that NO NOISE from the amp / fan is normal and not vice versa. I hope this will be enough info to get service to replace / repair my now 4 week old Genesis !! It just doesn't seem right that an amp or fan should run 24 /7.........just saying !!

Thanks for any input............frustrating !!!!

dmitriylm

Registered Member
Not to beat a dead horse but does anyone have any ideas as to where I go from here ?? I'm going to check a different dealer today and listen to the amp of there in stock Genesis' with the same audio system and triple confirm that NO NOISE from the amp / fan is normal and not vice versa. I hope this will be enough info to get service to replace / repair my now 4 week old Genesis !! It just doesn't seem right that an amp or fan should run 24 /7.........just saying !!

Thanks for any input............frustrating !!!!
Do they have any other similarly equipped cars on the lot? I'm not familiar with the 2G sedans but it would be odd to keep the amplifier fan running continuously. Are you sure its not just running for some short duration after the car is off until the amplifier is down to some temperature? If the cars on the dealer lot don't do this then I would certainly have the service techs explain it and let them know you're not satisfied with the current explanation.

Hopgo

Registered Member
Maybe time to eat some crow.........I went to a dealer today with 2 2015 Genesis with the Ultimate Package with the Lexicon 17 speaker audio system.........I have to say they both had the same noise.....It's a bit harder to hear outside near a busy road but after taking off the access panel in the right rear quarter panel of the trunk....the one for the rear lamp access.....and putting my ear up to the opening.....amp in sight......I heard the same whine. I can't imagine it's a fan......maybe a DVR type of drive or something?? I still want to find out what it is but for now I am assuming it's normal since 3 cars have the same noise........Always Something !!!!

NTX

Registered Member
Bumping this thread because I am now having the same issue. My car was in for repairs over the holidays because the smart trunk feature stopped working randomly. After my local dealer replaced an antenna, it still was not working. Eventually, Technical Support told them to (in the dealer's words) "fully discharge the vehicle and then reconnect the battery" which got the trunk back up-and-running.

However, since I got it back, I've noticed this same noise as well. It really sounds like a DVR fan randomly increasing in RPM for a second. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what was the remedy?

[video=youtube_share;es5FsrYcXIo]https://youtu.be/es5FsrYcXIo[/video]

zape

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Did you figure it out?
I'm having a similar fan noise, but I think it is constant.

GeoffLovell

Genesis Model Type
Hi,

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this. I have a 2015 DH Ultimate with the 17 speaker option that also has this humming sound, but only recently have I noticed it. Maybe it was always there, maybe it wasn't, I don't know. But wondering if anyone ever found out what it is and if it can be stopped.

GeoffLovell

Genesis Model Type
Thanks Andy. I will ask the dealer. Concern I have is there is LOTS of after market audio that's just been put into the car and I think they will summarily write it off to that without even thinking about it.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums