Hyundai Equus | Concierge Service

SNSN

Registered Member
NJ
I'd like to relay me first service experience using the " Concierge Service " which has been so well promoted by Hyundai.
I scheduled an appointment on 9/22, for today 9/29.
I was assured my car would be picked up by 9:00am.
During the week, I received 4 emails confirming my appt.
I replied to each email, asking what time the car would be picked up?
With no answers back.
Today, I called the service at 8:50,spoke to the same person I made the appt with, they had no idea about the car pickup.
Spoke to the Equus Manager in sales, explained what happened, I'm still waiting for a call back.
Some luxury experience!

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'd like to relay me first service experience using the " Concierge Service " which has been so well promoted by Hyundai.
I scheduled an appointment on 9/22, for today 9/29.
I was assured my car would be picked up by 9:00am.
During the week, I received 4 emails confirming my appt.
I replied to each email, asking what time the car would be picked up?
With no answers back.
Today, I called the service at 8:50,spoke to the same person I made the appt with, they had no idea about the car pickup.
Spoke to the Equus Manager in sales, explained what happened, I'm still waiting for a call back.
Some luxury experience!
I'd call Hyundai corporate with the details - I think they'd be interested. Good luck.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I think you should post the dealer name in this forum. Otherwise, you are blaming all dealers when only one is at fault (that you know of). Dealers are independent businesses not owned by Hyundai. Hyundai can contractually require them to do certain things, but Hyundai cannot fire or discipline the dealer employees.

SNSN

Registered Member
NJ
You're right...the dealer is Paramus Hyundai in NJ.
I had a Genesis R Spec 2013 before this , their service was the worst nightmare I have ever experienced with a car before.
This having owned over 40 cars in my time, from budget to high end.
And they're supposed to be the largest Equus dealer in the country!

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I think you should post the dealer name in this forum. Otherwise, you are blaming all dealers when only one is at fault (that you know of). Dealers are independent businesses not owned by Hyundai. Hyundai can contractually require them to do certain things, but Hyundai cannot fire or discipline the dealer employees.
+1! Also call Corporate. I was offered some substantial compensation when Corporate heard all I'd been through. Of course, YMMV. BTW, there was also an ombudsman of sorts who helped in the situation, but unfortunately I can't remember what position he had. It may have been some kind of regional liaison between the dealer and the customer.

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
What compensation were you offered?
What happened that they offered you this?
This is gonna be embarrassing cuz I don't remember many of the specifics. I do remember that when the "ombudsman" came to me with the offer from Hyundai they (Hyundai) offered to make one months payment or to provide a Platinum warranty to me. I took the warranty.

As I recall there were no big items that were a problem, but a number of small ones that collectively were treated in a much lesser fashion than could and should be expected when asking for service for a premium car. I don't remember it being a specific problem with the dealer, just not getting the timely, complete service that I thought would be appropriate.

I'll try to do a little research in hopes of finding a few more details. It's been four years or so and this old fart's memory just isn't serving as well as I wish it would. :)

jmilr

Getting familiar with the group...
Ney York
When contacting Corporate, detail the "harm" that you experienced... missed time at work, lost revenue etc. based on the promise not kept by Hyundai via the dealer. They may be more inclined to respond more favorably than if it's perceived by them as a minor inconvenience.

They really need to "walk the walk" to be taken seriously as premium brand...

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
When contacting Corporate, detail the "harm" that you experienced... missed time at work, lost revenue etc. based on the promise not kept by Hyundai via the dealer. They may be more inclined to respond more favorably than if it's perceived by them as a minor inconvenience.

Actually, I just concentrated on the fact that Hyundai was not treating this Genesis owner in a manner they wanted to be perceived as "premium". They were saying one thing and doing another.

You are absolutely right about "walking the walk" and they seemed to understand the gap between what they claimed and what they were delivering. Now this was about four years ago, so I don't know yet about current practice and attitude, although when I called to lodge an initial complaint about my sunroof I did notice that I was connected to the"Equus and Genesis Customer Service" line. We'll see.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)

The relationship between the manufacturer/distributor and a dealer is a little tricky. Hyundai might be able to shut the dealership down due to breach of contract, but obviously they don't want to do that since there will be no dealership in waiting to take over and sell their cars. Hyundai does not have the right to fire specific dealership employees.

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I just noticed the phrase "minor inconvenience". This is what anyone who aspires to deliver premium services should be on the lookout for. If you concentrate on trying to prevent minor inconveniences for your customer, you're assuring that there will be few, if any, MAJOR inconveniences. :) It's also probably one of the first things that a customer perceives as an attempt to treat them as "special". Such is the formula of the premium brands.

jmilr

Ney York
I just noticed the phrase "minor inconvenience". This is what anyone who aspires to deliver premium services should be on the lookout for. If you concentrate on trying to prevent minor inconveniences for your customer, you're assuring that there will be few, if any, MAJOR inconveniences. :) It's also probably one of the first things that a customer perceives as an attempt to treat them as "special". Such is the formula of the premium brands.
True enough... my point was that if you're looking for some compensation for a failure to receive an advertised service, it will be more likely to be commensurate with an experienced loss on your part. From what I've see over the past couple of years, they have really stepped up their game!

westsiderkg

Registered Member
Hate to break the news to you, but get used to it. One dealership around me never even calls me back, period. The other is a joke. Takes me weeks on end to get in for service and when I do I have to grovel for a entry level Sonata toy car rental. Your also wasting your breath calling the corporate office since they cant do anything about it. If your like me, this will be my first and last Hyundai. Their program, at least where I live, is a complete fallacy. Good luck though.

jmilr

Ney York
Hate to break the news to you, but get used to it. One dealership around me never even calls me back, period. The other is a joke. Takes me weeks on end to get in for service and when I do I have to grovel for a entry level Sonata toy car rental. Your also wasting your breath calling the corporate office since they cant do anything about it. If your like me, this will be my first and last Hyundai. Their program, at least where I live, is a complete fallacy. Good luck though.
Sorry about your heartache, my experience has been totally different. Sales and service staff going out of their way to do right by the customer. I traded in my Infiniti FX50 for a Genesis Ultimate and couldn't be happier with the car and service.

equus33

This so depends on dealership, I guess. I have had my Equus for over 2 years now and have always had fantastic concierge service complete with pick up, a loaner, last time it was a 2015 Equus, and they wash and clean the car..all at no charge since it is within the first three years.

Great car, great service, great dealership! I always drove Caddys before this and I have never had a car I liked this much or got the attention this one does!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.