• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6

Backslack

Registered Member
Just posting these here since these two cars are basically platform mates with the GV60, and the Kia version just got unveiled today.

PaulZooms

Hasn't posted much yet...
Lakewood, CO
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Just posting these here since these two cars are basically platform mates with the GV60, and the Kia version just got unveiled today.

These new EV’s are impressive - 18 minutes to charge 5->80% is hardly more than a gas fill up with a bathroom break lol.

Stylewise, I much prefer the Ioniq 5 - always was a fan of the boxy look and functionality back to the VW Squareback. My wife drove a 79 Volvo 245 for 27 years before it rusted out from under her. Still mourns it’s demise 15 years later.

I think the EV6 is fugly. Looks like someone sat on it, like the Mazda CX-3. YMMV.

Can’t wait for the GV60 reveal to complete the EV trifecta.

Aquineas

4th Genesis
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Man both of those cars look hot.

Backslack

Registered Member
Absolutely bonkers. 577 HP, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.

Screenshot_2021-03-30 2022 Kia EV6 and EV6 GT First Look - YouTube.png

Looney100

Registered Member
Canada
I can't believe that they're not making the GT powertrain available in the Genesis. I get that Genesis isn't a sporty brand, but if it's supposed to be superior, make it so.

fredf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
The Performance model can go 0-60 in 4 seconds with a 10 second boost button. And it has a drift mode. Sporty enough for you?

Looney100

Registered Member
Canada
Certainly more than necessary. My comment was more about brand positioning than functionality.
Having said that, I've driven vehicles with sub 4 sec. 0-60 times virtually all of my adult life. It's all relative.

Backslack

Registered Member
The Performance model can go 0-60 in 4 seconds with a 10 second boost button. And it has a drift mode. Sporty enough for you?
It'll likely be significantly faster than 4 seconds. The U.S.-spec Ioniq 5 was officially quoted as 0-60 in 5.1 seconds, yet Motor Trend did it in a mere 4.4s. Hyundai really underrated the performance.

Looney100

Registered Member
Canada
The car magazines typically do a dragstrip style 0-60, which can knock off a tenth or so, but going from a 5.1 to 4.4 is huge. I wonder if there may not be so many different motors between Hyundai/Kia/Genesis, and they are just advertised at different power levels.

Minbari

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
There's a couple people with a GV60 Performance in South Korea who have tested the 0-60 and 0-100 times. Asian Petrolhead I believe tested a best time of 4.0 for the 0-60, right on what was advertised but doing so on a public road in somewhat cool temperatures. A frame-by-frame analysis of another car video there would suggest about a 4.1s 0-60 but with wheelspin from some dust on the road. I'd imagine without a rollout in ideal conditions in NA the tested 0-60 would probably be 3.8 ish.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Looney100

Registered Member
Canada
Seeing that a ~600HP Hyundai will be available in the near future makes me think that Genesis has to do similar with he GV60. It would be backwards for its ‘lesser’ siblings to make more power.