• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Hyundai Kia Genesis

KANE

Registered Member
Time has come now for Hyundai group to step up their game by producing cars which can handle perfectly the way Mercedes or BMW or Audi handles.
Hyundai group has done remarkably well enough in the interior section but still it lacks the driving performance.
Hope Hyundai pays attention to it and works on to produce a complete car like BMW and Mercedes.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Having driven the 440i, S4, and S5 Sportback while cross shopping, I can definitely say the G70's performance competes strongly with them. The M340i (and maybe the C43) probably beats out the G70 on "no costs considered" comparison but if you didn't consider price when buying a car, you'd be buying something much more expensive. It definitely has areas for improvement though. Give it a few years

KANE

Registered Member
Having driven the 440i, S4, and S5 Sportback while cross shopping, I can definitely say the G70's performance competes strongly with them. The M340i (and maybe the C43) probably beats out the G70 on "no costs considered" comparison but if you didn't consider price when buying a car, you'd be buying something much more expensive. It definitely has areas for improvement though. Give it a few years
Absolutely correct. The only deal breaker for me to go for G70 is the lack of rear space and boot space.
G70 handles thousand times better than a G80.
But 540i gives you the both driving performance and space

3.3 Rulz

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Time has come now for Hyundai group to step up their game by producing cars which can handle perfectly the way Mercedes or BMW or Audi handles.
Hyundai group has done remarkably well enough in the interior section but still it lacks the driving performance.
Hope Hyundai pays attention to it and works on to produce a complete car like BMW and Mercedes.
It's not like most people are going to the track with their cars anyway, so it's good enough.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Absolutely correct. The only deal breaker for me to go for G70 is the lack of rear space and boot space.
G70 handles thousand times better than a G80.
But 540i gives you the both driving performance and space
Then get a Kia Stinger. It's literally the same drivetrain and platform with more space.

The G80 is large to the extent of being almost fullsize, it's a couple inches short of my old LS 430. It's not meant to be a corner carver.
Exactly! I haven't driven a 540i but its an apples-to-oranges comparison with the G70. Their target demographics are wildly different, as are their objectives. The G70 aims to make a sports car a bit more practical and luxurious while the 540i (and G80) aim to make a luxurious and practical car a bit more sporty. I would argue the Kia Stinger is your middle ground between those two efforts

MG8

Proud owner of two Genesis vehicles
San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Then get a Kia Stinger. It's literally the same drivetrain and platform with more space.

The G80 is large to the extent of being almost fullsize, it's a couple inches short of my old LS 430. It's not meant to be a corner carver.
imo the stinger just doesnt look as good as the G70.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
A bit little behind the times.

The G70 has won just about every major auto award in NA and is still listed as Car & Driver's top entry-level lux model.

While the 3 Series has the better powertrains, the G70 will close the gap w/ the new 2.5T and 3.5TT (still, the in-house 8 spd AT isn't quite as quick to shift as the ZF-sourced trans in BMWs), but the G70 is more tossable, has better steering feel and has the better ride/handling combo (the same can be said for the Stinger - which is essentially a fastback version of the G70).

And then there's the Veloster N (would much rather have gotten the i30N or the i30 Fastback N) - which was Road & Track's 2020 Performance Car of the Year, Cars.com's 2020 Most Fun-to-Drive Car of the Year, Automobile magazine's All-Star, Motorweek's Driver's Choice Award, etc.

There are more N models coming (like the Kona-N), as well as N-Line models (Sonata N-Line).

Mercedes (at least their sedans) haven't exactly been known for their handling; altho MB has improved on that recently, but still, not at the top of their respective segments and the AMG variants are more known for their prodigious power than supreme handling (making them more like the lux version of muscle cars).

Audi (while they have done as much as is possible), there are limitations w/ a FWD layout (even longitudinal) where the weight balance isn't as ideal as a proper RWD layout.

Now, there definitely is room for improvement w/ the G80 and G90 - which currently are more known for being luxo-cruisers, but that'll change some w/ the next G80.

The biggest detriment to handling prowess is weight and the current G80 and G90 are heavy (same can be said for MB sedans relative to BMW, Audi and Jag), but the next G80 will be underpinned by a new, lighter-weight RWD platform, as well as using aluminum for certain body panels.

KANE

Registered Member

G70 is an amazing car ..much above Stinger
I checked Stinger 3 months back and it really has lot of issues. The interiors and build quality really looks cheap and a copy.G70 looks premium and the interior materials are awesome.

MG8

Proud owner of two Genesis vehicles
San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I checked Stinger 3 months back and it really has lot of issues. The interiors and build quality really looks cheap and a copy.G70 looks premium and the interior materials are awesome.
agree!

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
dont tell anyone on the stinger forum this, they seem to think their interiors are the same or better than ours and cant understand why a G70 could be worth more money :)

KANE

Registered Member
^ That's the main thing the Stinger needs improvement upon (well, aside from the base 2.0T motor, which also applies to the G70); the Cadenza has a nicer interior than the Stinger and that shouldn't be.
Cadenza definitely has the best interiors in the class. It competes directly with ES350.
It should be in no way below a Stinger.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Dam I’m about to upset a lot of people haha. I love my g70 3.3 sport to the moon and back. With that being said if I had the chance to buy again..... Audi is the way I would go after seeing how I have invested so much into performance and handling.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Cadenza definitely has the best interiors in the class. It competes directly with ES350.
It should be in no way below a Stinger.
Would say that the Stinger should in no way have an interior inferior to the Cadenza.

Presently, the K900, Mohave (which is understandable) and Cadenza have a better interior and would say that the Telluride has the more upscale-looking interior.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums