Hyundai motor emblem replacement?

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Can the "H" emblem on the motor cover be removed easily. Will the round Genesis steering wheel emblem fit there?
Just looking for options....

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
To quote a former member, most of us just wear bags over our heads if we have to open the hood and expose a Hyundai logo.

pmckechnie

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Matthews, NC
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
surprisinguy
No one seems to want to answer your question so I will tell you what I did. I can't answer the question about the steering wheel emblem .
Removing the H from the engine cover is not real hard but harder than the other emblems on the car. It is glued in to a slight indention and has 2 locating pins going through the engine cover. The pins don't pull out and will break off. I was able to get it up on one side (using a lot of rags to protect the cover) then slip a thin piece of metal under the H to brake of the pins. See the attachment to see the final results.

Attachments

• IMG_0019A.JPG
    IMG_0019A.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 66

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
No one seems to want to answer your question
Thanks! I appreciate your response - it's on there so well that it looks like it's molded in the cover. I'll give it a try wcgw? thanks again

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
surprisinguy
No one seems to want to answer your question so I will tell you what I did. I can't answer the question about the steering wheel emblem .
Removing the H from the engine cover is not real hard but harder than the other emblems on the car. It is glued in to a slight indention and has 2 locating pins going through the engine cover. The pins don't pull out and will break off. I was able to get it up on one side (using a lot of rags to protect the cover) then slip a thin piece of metal under the H to brake of the pins. See the attachment to see the final results.

Wow, you opted to replace a decent enough looking Hyundai logo with something that looks like it came from Things Remembered?? Why, so the engine oil change guy sees it? I just don't get that at all.

pmckechnie

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Matthews, NC
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
surprisinguy
I'm sorry, I don't remember where the pins are. It was about 2 years ago and at 75 years old I have a hard time remembering my name on a good day.

Alfer
Why did the chicken cross the road? To be on the other side.
Why do I do something to MY car? Because I want to.

The White Shadow

2015 5.0
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
I ended up just replacing the cover
Damn, and I just came across this because I'm wanting to do the exact same thing, but I don't want to replace the cover if I don't have to. How much did that cover cost you?

The White Shadow

2015 5.0
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
I think it was $60 on ebay - it has the geneisis emblem and v6 on it
Ahhh, okay. I think we might be talking about 2 different parts. Mine is the air intake cover. That thing is like $300-400. I'm going to mess around with it today and see what I can come up.

Attachments

• 20210109_074005.jpg
    20210109_074005.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 4
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums