Hyundai Premieres "Vision G" Coupe Concept at LACMA

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

Hyundai Motor America revealed the “Vision G” Concept Coupe to a select group of media at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). The concept was described as Hyundai’s inspiration for its family of future premium products that promise luxury, performance and style with the value and responsibility that is the foundation of Hyundai’s brand.

“The concept was designed with coordinated input from Hyundai design studios around the world, but was led by our team here in the U.S.,” said Peter Schreyer, Hyundai’s president and chief design officer. “The design is our interpretation of the idea that Hyundai breathes into all of its vehicles – a DNA that balances design and performance with the idea that you don’t need to be over the top in terms of glitz and stereotypical luxury cues.”

During the design process, Hyundai’s team of designers centered their work on the notion of “chivalry” – a word they felt best defined the idea that one doesn’t need to shout to be noticed and respected. “Vision G” is purposefully understated, despite its size and dramatic lines. One example of this respectful luxury – and a nod to the self-sufficiency of the driver – is a technology that automatically opens the door as if being opened by a valet. Continue reading...

Discuss the Vision G Coupe Concept RIGHT HERE!

Alwaysforward

Been here awhile...
South Florida - Treasure Coast
Genesis Model Type
I'll take one... Hope it comes in a V8 or V10 :D

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type

dmitriylm

Registered Member
This particular concept is rocking the 5.0. I think it looks great and its being very well received by the automotive press.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
It is a very efficient design. For example, in a crunch, the doors can be used as an aircraft carrier top.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
But can it fit a lawnmower in the trunk?

confusedman

Registered Member
So, in theory we could get a grill made like this for existing Genesis and it would look something like this (front end wise)?

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
So, in theory we could get a grill made like this for existing Genesis and it would look something like this (front end wise)?

A mesh grille? Sure. Why not?

Alwaysforward

Been here awhile...
South Florida - Treasure Coast
Genesis Model Type
In one of the videos posted they mention that the grill is made up of a bunch of the wings. Didn't see any close-up of it though.

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
In one of the videos posted they mention that the grill is made up of a bunch of the wings. Didn't see any close-up of it though.

Interesting... Now I need to see a good close-up.

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Titusville FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Door handle aft of the door? Looks just wrong.

srobak

Registered Member
Chicagoland
image edited by admin - too wide for screens (our software is not resizing properly). Please copy and paste the URL below into your web browser to view the image.

inautonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Take-a-look-at-the-Hyundai-Vision-G-Concept-Coupe-2.jpg

Last edited:

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Thank you. I still can't tell though. Are those wings? :p

Koolhaas

Registered Member
Houston
Thank you. I still can't tell though. Are those wings? :p

it's a "tufted" mess wire look. As if the "wire" has an angular dimension to it, and i'ts tufted to it pokes out a bit. Catches a lot of light.

It kind of reminds me when of the "Diamond Cut" they do on Harley heads heat fins.

TheKingInYellow

Registered Member
I need that roofline tucked in with a more defined trunk lid. Otherwise I can't stop seeing an oversized Crossfire and I can't stand the Crossfire.

shagnat

Registered Member
Now that's a coupe I could definitely go for. Best looking Hyundai ever !!!!

gameday22

Been here awhile...
Florida

QuantumRift

Been here awhile...
Central OH
It looks pretty slick, for sure, BUT, geeze, how much lower can these cars get? Yea they may want the younger crowd but I'm tired of having to climb down lower and lower into a damn bathtub. The windshields raked back so much...us 50-somethings are at point where we want a nice luxury car but don't have to take up contortionism to enter and exit the car. Jus' saying.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums