• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Hyundai Prophecy Concept

Backslack

Registered Member
WTF? I thought is was worth a chuckle.
"Haha, its funny cause Hyundais suck and keep getting recalled, get it rofllmao!"

Man I'm rolling, what a relevant addition to this thread.

Last edited:

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
"Haha, its funny cause Hyundais suck and keep getting recalled, get it rofllmao!"

Man I'm rolling, what a relevant addition to this thread.
Lighten up. This is a car forum, not a coronavirus research thread

...but while we're at it; Do you think the Prophecy can tell us when the plant in Ulsan will be back up and running?

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ironic how a car forum can't talk about a car, as demonstrated by this thread. ;)

You wanna add the upcoming presidential elections, Hong Kong protests, or Kobe Bryant's death to that mix? Since you're quite keen to continue derailing the conversation.
Considering its a thread with no real substance due to the car being a concept, having no timeline for release, specs, or even an idea of what the interior looks like, sure, since you brought them up. ;)

All politicians are idiots.

Hong Kong protests: I can see both sides of the coin and Mainland China should stay out of their business. Violence shouldn't be the answer for either side as it only incites further violence.

Kobe Bryant: Gone too soon. Despite his faults, he still had a huge positive impact on the world and was set to do more. Even more heartbreaking to hear about his daughter. You could see Gigi shared the level of passion for life and basketball as he did.

As this thread has been completely unraveled now, I'll see myself out :owned:

Backslack

Registered Member
Considering its a thread with no real substance due to the car being a concept, having no timeline for release, specs, or even an idea of what the interior looks like
I posted it because I think it looks quite good and marks an interesting design direction that I would like to see implemented in later vehicles from the company, preferably Genesis. If you don't have anything relevant to the car to add (not that you particularly seem to care much for it to begin with, since you completely ignored the interior pictures and claims that it has none), then... just ignore it instead of trying to derail the thread?

"If you run into an a*****e in the morning, you ran into an a*****e. If you run into assholes all day, you're the a*****e."
Yes, insisting that a thread stay on its original topic makes me an a*****e. Goodness me.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I posted it because I think it looks quite good and marks an interesting design direction that I would like to see implemented in later vehicles from the company, preferably Genesis. If you don't have anything relevant to the car to add (not that you particularly seem to care much for it to begin with, since you completely ignored the interior pictures and claims that it has none), then... just ignore it instead of trying to derail the thread?

Yes, insisting that a thread stay on its original topic makes me an a*****e. Goodness me.
The longer you continue to argue about it, the further it gets derailed. As a matter of fact, I checked the link before posting and again just now to confirm that there are no interior pics in the slide show. It's important to have you facts straight before you decide to criticize people. Maybe you should take your advice and ignore posts to avoid further derailing your own thread.

If you would like to have a thread survive and spur insightful/stimulating discussion, you should do a little more than say "Shame this isn't coming" and posting a link containing a few pictures and virtually nothing to talk about besides the looks of the car.

Here's some suggestions for open-ended questions you can try to use next time: "What are your thoughts on this design?" "How do you think this will incorporate into the current Genesis strategy?" "This vs the Essentia Concept: What's better looking and why?"

Backslack

Registered Member
The longer you continue to argue about it, the further it gets derailed.
Bit of a lost cause at this point considering the train went off the tracks many posts ago.

As a matter of fact, I checked the link before posting and again just now to confirm that there are no interior pics in the slide show.
You're right- it seems the site actually removed them for some reason. They were still there when I posted the link, and after a quick two-second google search, I found them: Hyundai’s Prophecy concept looks like the baby of a Porsche and a Model 3

Such a difficult effort...

If you would like to have a thread survive and spur insightful/stimulating discussion, you should do a little more than say "Shame this isn't coming" and posting a link containing a few pictures and virtually nothing to talk about besides the looks of the car.
I feel like most of us here are adults who know how to engage in a discussion without being asked to raise their hands on specific topics like in elementary school. Asking for your opinions on something is redundant on a forum. However, I do have reasonable expectations for the discussions to be about the car and not the coronavirus.

Anyway, since this thread has deviated quite a bit from what it was supposed to be, I wouldn't mind if it's either closed or moved to a different section of the board.

Backslack

Registered Member
Please tell me who those "2 persons" in this thread are then- I'm not quite as good at being a passive-aggressive piece of work as some people are. 🙃

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums