I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS F***ING CAR!!!

martyl

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've had my 3.3T AWD G70 for a little over a week. It's Siberian Ice and like others, I love the car. I have had two BMW 3 series prior to this car, the last being a 14 335i which was a great car. But I prefer this car. The steering is better, the car is much quieter, the interior is better and the sounds system is superior. I got tired of paying extra for what are standard features in most cars with BMW. As quick as the 335i was, the G70 is more so. It's ferocious in sport mode. I have had so many people ask me about this car and then ask about the color which is quite striking. I'm surprised how many 2.0T are on the dealer lot. I drove one of those as a loaner for two weeks and I was quite impressed. But that car is not the car getting all the press. It's a great value IMO.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I've had my 3.3T AWD G70 for a little over a week. It's Siberian Ice and like others, I love the car. I have had two BMW 3 series prior to this car, the last being a 14 335i which was a great car. But I prefer this car. The steering is better, the car is much quieter, the interior is better and the sounds system is superior. I got tired of paying extra for what are standard features in most cars with BMW. As quick as the 335i was, the G70 is more so. It's ferocious in sport mode. I have had so many people ask me about this car and then ask about the color which is quite striking. I'm surprised how many 2.0T are on the dealer lot. I drove one of those as a loaner for two weeks and I was quite impressed. But that car is not the car getting all the press. It's a great value IMO.
How did the 2.0T engine compare to the 3.3T? How did the turbo lag compare between the two?

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How did the 2.0T engine compare to the 3.3T? How did the turbo lag compare between the two?
I am not a true car aficionado, so please feel free to apply that to what I am writing. I drove the 2.0 and really liked it; I thought it has surprising pick up and was enjoyable to drive. That said, I ordered the 3.3. In part, for the extra hp; in part because I like the look of 2 pipes from the back (rather than one). I could have been easily content with the 2.0 and that car is easily worth the money, I just felt like a smidgen more--although, that said, my 3.3 has not yet arrived and I could have already been driving the 2.0.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am not a true car aficionado, so please feel free to apply that to what I am writing. I drove the 2.0 and really liked it; I thought it has surprising pick up and was enjoyable to drive. That said, I ordered the 3.3. In part, for the extra hp; in part because I like the look of 2 pipes from the back (rather than one). I could have been easily content with the 2.0 and that car is easily worth the money, I just felt like a smidgen more--although, that said, my 3.3 has not yet arrived and I could have already been driving the 2.0.
When you get your 3.3T (hopefully soon) you won't regret it. The difference between both engines is like Night and Day.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There's a difference between the 6MT and the 8AT is perceived turbo lag.
The 8AT feels like it has less because of how it is geared!

G-782561

There’s not much discernible turbo lag in either car. I was surprised how quick the 2.0 was. It’s plenty of car for daily driving. If you drive the six, you’ll be spoiled. The torque is enormous in that car and in sport mode it’s scary fast. Truthfully you can’t really use all that power often if you live in an urban environment. If you have access to some good, open driving modes then the six is the one.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I test drove a 2.0 8spd before buying my car, and honestly it was pretty dang good. It picked up quick, though most of the power was higher in the RPM's. I think @SeekingGen hit the nail on the head - you really don't need any more power than what the 2.0 provides. It's quick, agile, and I really wouldn't regret having one, but I just wanted more power than I actually need. 😉

msharp

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have been drooling over the G70 for months and finally got to sit in one yesterday at an auto show. It was the first time sitting in a car elicited an emotional response. I knew I wanted one eventually but it really sealed the deal and now I’m going to start saving up in earnest. Can’t even imagine what it’s like to actually drive the thing.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I knew I wanted one eventually but it really sealed the deal and now I’m going to start saving up in earnest. Can’t even imagine what it’s like to actually drive the thing.
Sorry - “Instigation alert” :p Don’t wonder...go test drive one!

msharp

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
:) I’d like to, but my local dealership wasn’t letting people do that unless they were serious about buying one immediately, last I checked (DC area)

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
:) I’d like to, but my local dealership wasn’t letting people do that unless they were serious about buying one immediately, last I checked (DC area)
Go to Alexandria. Kevin Reilly is the owner...awesome guy.

I can even tell him you’re coming. PM me if you wish.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I talk the folks at Alexandria every now and then. Spoke with the main finance guy there.

He said to come on down...they do not restrict test drives, etc. So you are good to go.

His name is Joon Bae.

They do restrict one car...and that is the Veloster N.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Confirmed x2.

If you let it eat away at you for long enough then you will ultimately result in taking foolish, drastic measures like buying out of state and shipping it back to yourself.
The dealership in Yuma haunts me every god damn day. Along with all the other AB G70's that aren't my spec around California :suicide: