I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS F***ING CAR!!!

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Hyundai screwed up when they created the Genesis logo. It looks too much like Chrysler's logo. A brand logo should be unique and distinct. Look at Mercedes, Audi, and BMW.
Logo is also similar to Bentley, Astin Martin, minicooper --

😀
More so for Bentley and Aston than Chrysler or Mini, but Austin Healey, Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera (a coachbuilder), Ford's Thunderbird, Cadillac's Blackwing, etc. all have winged logos.

That being said, think the Genesis winged logo could have been done better.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thankfully you don't see too many Chryslers driving around LA/OC. Seems like they should have designed something with rings/circles in it (looking at the Germans), but I suppose they wanted to differentiate themselves from those brands a bit?

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
"Chrysler" is what I always think when I see the logo, but yeah, I guess that might be a Detroit-centric reaction.
I don't even notice it. Too busy staring at everything else. No joke, I get excited to drive my G70 and think to myself "damn, that thing is gorgeous" every day. Testament to a good product

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Homies.

Drift mode is awesome.

I played around a little today. First, Sport mode with TC disabled. The car lets me slide the rear end out with simple power oversteer, don't even need to be going fast at all (like 10mph, if that). However, once you get the tail out to a high enough angle (which isn't much) it cuts power pretty sharply. With TC and SC disabled, you can do whatever the crap you want. Haha. I'll tell you, this thing is actually really smooth and controllable when doing some power oversteer slides, though I'm sure the ever so slightly damp roads helped, too. But anyway. Drift mode works, and it kicks so much ass.

Sorry Stinger bros, your AWD car can't do this. Oh well. Guess you'll have to wait for the GTS to arrive to have as much fun as us.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Homies.

Drift mode is awesome.

I played around a little today. First, Sport mode with TC disabled. The car lets me slide the rear end out with simple power oversteer, don't even need to be going fast at all (like 10mph, if that). However, once you get the tail out to a high enough angle (which isn't much) it cuts power pretty sharply. With TC and SC disabled, you can do whatever the crap you want. Haha. I'll tell you, this thing is actually really smooth and controllable when doing some power oversteer slides, though I'm sure the ever so slightly damp roads helped, too. But anyway. Drift mode works, and it kicks so much ass.

Sorry Stinger bros, your AWD car can't do this. Oh well. Guess you'll have to wait for the GTS to arrive to have as much fun as us.
Works way better with a square setup. I drive country roads so sometimes I disabled the nannies and drifted through corners with my winter wheels!
Not gonna roast my PS4 just yet! But I have had fun with it in heavy rain!

Ajxvd

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Homies.

Drift mode is awesome.

Do you have the AWD or RWD ? I heard AWD swings out the rear end too :D

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.