I almost drove some random persons brand new Genesis G80

BentleyAshton

1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
So... I’m young I’m 20 years old, I was at work and I see the gentlemen pull up in a brand new G80 with a carbon fiber roof/ mirror caps with the car itself being white... it looked nice so i started up a conversation... this led to him telling me to go sit down and start her up.... I did and of course it had most options that they probably have to offer, (Genesis’ options selections are super weird/expensive from what I understand, still cheaper than competitors but its opinion at that point) any way he just tells me to go take it for a rip around the block, unfortunately I couldn’t because I was at work... but I would’ve loved to do so. Anyway, what are your opinions on Genesis as a brand and it’s competition. P.S. also super excited to see the Supra debut in less than 1 week!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80
When I was 20 I probably would have been more interested in a Supra too. It would still be a fun car today but my preference on a longer ride is Genesis. Quiet smooth ride, lots of comfort technology. Little things like the auto hold on the brakes and cruise control changing speeds and braking for you make a trip much nicer.

If you ever have the chance again, take the guy up on his offer. Then check out a G70 with 3.3TT.

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis G70
So... I’m young I’m 20 years old, I was at work and I see the gentlemen pull up in a brand new G80 with a carbon fiber roof/ mirror caps with the car itself being white... it looked nice so i started up a conversation... this led to him telling me to go sit down and start her up.... I did and of course it had most options that they probably have to offer, (Genesis’ options selections are super weird/expensive from what I understand, still cheaper than competitors but its opinion at that point) any way he just tells me to go take it for a rip around the block, unfortunately I couldn’t because I was at work... but I would’ve loved to do so. Anyway, what are your opinions on Genesis as a brand and it’s competition. P.S. also super excited to see the Supra debut in less than 1 week!
Me being the same age as you and I own the g70 3.3t... fantastic amazing brand and cars, blows all the other brands outta the water! Over the next couple years Genesis has a lot they are coming out with and it’s just the beginning for them! Supposedly are working on bringing the coupe back, that thing is going to be a beast! I just hope they price it right and don’t make it too expensive, definitely gonna have to trade in my g70 for the coupe when it comes. The GM of my dealership mentioned to me that it’ll likely come out 2021 and is going to have “butterfly” doors. But who knows. Genesis has a lot of things in the making.

BentleyAshton

1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
So... I’m young I’m 20 years old, I was at work and I see the gentlemen pull up in a brand new G80 with a carbon fiber roof/ mirror caps with the car itself being white... it looked nice so i started up a conversation... this led to him telling me to go sit down and start her up.... I did and of course it had most options that they probably have to offer, (Genesis’ options selection whatsapp web s are su per weird/expensive from what I understand, still cheaper than competitors but its opinion at that point) any way he just tells me to go take it for a rip aro 192.168.0.1 und the block, unfortunately I couldn’t because I was at work... but I would’ve loved to do so. Anyway, what routerlogin are your opinions on Genesis as a brand and it’s competition. P.S. also super excited to see the Supra debut in less than 1 week!

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis G90
Maybe he means the 4-cylinder version? (I don't keep up with Supra news)
The 2020 Supra has a 3.0 6cyl. Never heard of a 4 cyl version getting released. The 2020 has been out for probably 3 or 4 months.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis G70
The 2020 Supra has a 3.0 6cyl. Never heard of a 4 cyl version getting released. The 2020 has been out for probably 3 or 4 months.
There's supposedly a 4-cyl version that is coming out. I can't remember where I saw the news, but it was slated for 2021 or 2022, I think

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums