• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

I kinda hated the lack of interior ambient light. So I fixed(?) it

Jrothnet

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I wanted a more modern feel inside the car and really thought it lacked some ambient lighting. I didn't really like how the lights in the footwells would turn off when the car is in park.

Since doing this mod, I havent noticed any glare from the lights and the car feels a bit more cozy.

This took about $80 and 45 minutes:

20190722_223427~2.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Jrothnet

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Hey guys,

I'll post links to what I used later today or tomorrow. Sorry, havent had much of a chance to pop in.

I'll update the original post with links

kocyk123

Registered Member
Streamwood, IL
Genesis Model Type
Love it! Want it! Please share the details and also a picture of what it looks like during the day. I had 2 previous cars with ambient lights and I really miss it...

kocyk123

Registered Member
Streamwood, IL
Genesis Model Type
My ambient LED strip is out for the delivery today. I will try to install it today and share some pics.

gafx

Registered Member
Atlanta, Ga
I wanted a more modern feel inside the car and really thought it lacked some ambient lighting. I didn't really like how the lights in the footwells would turn off when the car is in park.

Since doing this mod, I havent noticed any glare from the lights and the car feels a bit more cozy.

This took about $80 and 45 minutes:

View attachment 21735

Let me know what you think!

Love it, looks great, let us know what hardware you used. It's a very clean look.

Scamp

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type

kocyk123

Registered Member
Streamwood, IL
Genesis Model Type
I have removed the kit. I couldn't get used to looking at the rubber tube during the day. My wife hated it too. I guess I will buy Genesis G90 and have it as a factory option :)

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
I was wondering about that!