I never noticed that.

Michael_V

Registered Member
Bawstin, MA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm finding more nuances and fun things about my G70 the longer I own/drive it.

This thread will hopefully serve as a repository where you can list the "little" things you discover about your car to help someone who may not know about them yet. Sorry if any of these have already been discussed.

2 air filters (?)
the battery is in the trunk, but there are jumper cable connections under the hood
the volume of the radio automatically lowers when the car is shifted into reverse
the seat bolsters move when the car is put into sport mode
the transmission disengages from the engine and the car "coasts" when drive mode is set to ECO or Smart ECO, between 30-80 mph and no gas or brake pedal (automatics only I'd assume)

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm finding more nuances and fun things about my G70 the longer I own/drive it.

This thread will hopefully serve as a repository where you can list the "little" things you discover about your car to help someone who may not know about them yet. Sorry if any of these have already been discussed.

2 air filters (?)
the battery is in the trunk, but there are jumper cable connections under the hood
the volume of the radio automatically lowers when the car is shifted into reverse
the seat bolsters move when the car is put into sport mode
the transmission disengages from the engine and the car "coasts" when drive mode is set to ECO or Smart ECO, between 30-80 mph and no gas or brake pedal (automatics only I'd assume)
Two air filters IDK
Battery in the trunk and jumpers under the hood as all other Genesis
Volume radio lowers when in reverse as all new Hyundais
Seat bolsters move when in sport mode is well anounced by Genesis and all G70 reviews up to date.
Transmission disengage in ECO mode it's completely new to me.

Michael_V

Registered Member
Bawstin, MA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I noticed when the car is on auto hold, the brake lights stay on even though your foot is off the pedal. They shut off once the car starts moving again.

Michael_V

Registered Member
Bawstin, MA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
When you get out of the car in the dark a Genesis logo is clearly visible on the ground on both sides of the car.
The "puddle lights" also come on when you approached your locked car, once the mirrors fully extended. Pretty cool actually.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So here is one for you folks. Audi started this waaaaay back. Salesguy had no clue...so wondering how many on here know.

The main control panel where the sunroof control and the reading/dome lights are. There are 2 tiny holes that house little lights. Hard to notice...but they are there...and always on.

Those 2 lights project downwards towards the center console. It is ambient lighting for the console area...and when you pass your hand around the console (searching for something, etc) your hand will be slightly lit up...so you are not searching in the dark...and you see what you are doing.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Our 2008 Hyundai Veracruz had one of those. it was called a "Mood Light" that could be turned on or off.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So here is one for you folks. Audi started this waaaaay back. Salesguy had no clue...so wondering how many on here know.

The main control panel where the sunroof control and the reading/dome lights are. There are 2 tiny holes that house little lights. Hard to notice...but they are there...and always on.

Those 2 lights project downwards towards the center console. It is ambient lighting for the console area...and when you pass your hand around the console (searching for something, etc) your hand will be slightly lit up...so you are not searching in the dark...and you see what you are doing.
Yep the Sorento has it too and so did my Acura.
It's just faint enough to illuminate the center stack!

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anyone figure out any key fob tricks yet?
I miss being able to lower all my windows and open the moonroof with a long press and hold of the unlock button.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The G70 has a windshield wiper servicing position feature. After turning off the engine, move the wiper switch to the single wiping (MIST) position within 20 seconds and hold the switch more than 2 seconds until the wiper blades are in the
fully up position.

Obviously this is for servicing...but I also do it when it snows or there is freezing rain.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The G70 has a windshield wiper servicing position feature. After turning off the engine, move the wiper switch to the single wiping (MIST) position within 20 seconds and hold the switch more than 2 seconds until the wiper blades are in the
fully up position.

Obviously this is for servicing...but I also do it when it snows or there is freezing rain.
Yeah I had to text my GXM about that earlier this week asking him how to put it into service mode.
Similar to the Golf R.
On the plus side of the wiper being such an aerodynamic design, it is super silent as well!

Michael_V

Registered Member
Bawstin, MA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The speed of the blower motor (if set high enough) reduces automatically when you answer or make a phone call. It will return to the previous setting once the call is terminated.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It is also climate controlled for both air conditioning and heating. If it set at a particular temp the blower will reduce once it hits that number to maintain the same temp.

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I noticed when the car is on auto hold, the brake lights stay on even though your foot is off the pedal. They shut off once the car starts moving again.
Something I just noticed: when you hit the Auto Hold feature, it lights up on the dash in (I think) orange/white. When you come to a stop and hit the brake, you have to give it an extra little push - then the light on the dash goes green indicating that the auto hold has engaged ...

g_423245

The side mirrors dip down when put into reverese only when the toggle switch for selecting the mirrors is set to select either right or left (Does not work when in middle)

Michael_V

Registered Member
Bawstin, MA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The car can be shifted into drive (from neutral or reverse) without depressing the brake pedal OR the button on the shifter if the car is in motion. I haven't figured out the minimum speed at which this happens.

"Auto hold" works in reverse as well.

The car will stop "coasting" when I enter a 30 mph exit ramp turn @ 60 mph. Must be a handling or G Force thing?