I-Phone interfering with door handle unlock/lock button??

tuckerdog1

Been here awhile...
Thread starter #1
I've had an on & off issue with the door not unlocking or locking when I push the door handle button. At first, thought I might have a repair issue with the car. But I noticed it seems to only happen when I have the key fob & my I-Phone in the same pocket. Once I move the fob away from the phone, everything works fine. It's an older phone ( 4S, and yes, I know I need to get a new phone ).

Just thought I trow this out there, in case others were having a similar issue. Maybe it's the phone.

Tuckerdog1

jsmit86

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
I pocket carry, and don't want anything else in that pocket. So the other pocket becomes a catch all. But I can work around this.

Tuckerdog1
Understood -
My reply was not meant in a snarky way. It's pretty common knowledge that Cell Phones and even Chip Credit Cards, and other access cards can interfere with the RFID in a smart key.
That applies to any car, not just Genesis. Need to keep some separation for those items.

tuckerdog1

Been here awhile...
Thread starter #7
Understood -
My reply was not meant in a snarky way. It's pretty common knowledge that Cell Phones and even Chip Credit Cards, and other access cards can interfere with the RFID in a smart key.
That applies to any car, not just Genesis. Need to keep some separation for those items.
I didn't take your remark as snarky. Sorry if I gave that impression. This business with smart phone interference is news to me. At least, I know it's the "actual' problem, and not a problem with the car.

Tuckerdog1

jsmit86

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
I didn't take your remark as snarky. Sorry if I gave that impression. This business with smart phone interference is news to me. At least, I know it's the "actual' problem, and not a problem with the car.

Tuckerdog1
No worries... I did not assume you took it that way, but upon re-reading my reply, it was sort of curt, so I wanted to make sure. :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.