• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

I split screen

2021GCSGV80

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
If you have split screen on there should be a little arrow on the screen on the right side of the right panel. Click on that and it will go back to full screen.

to open split screen just click on that same arrow again.

Mike TX

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I could have sworn I had a full screen when I was in Apple Car Play using Google Maps, but it seems to have now changed and I have the split screen. I might have been completely wrong and just was looking at the Genesis map, but again I thought it was Google Maps in full screen view. Seems like I remember how beautiful it looked with Satellite map across that big screen.

I have spent hours trying to find a way to turn off split screen and I have dug and found split screen in Geneses menu, but they require at least one widget turned on....so no way to turn off split screen.

It is so frustrating because Apple Car Play is so much better in full screen

Stevepca

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I could have sworn I had a full screen when I was in Apple Car Play using Google Maps, but it seems to have now changed and I have the split screen. I might have been completely wrong and just was looking at the Genesis map, but again I thought it was Google Maps in full screen view. Seems like I remember how beautiful it looked with Satellite map across that big screen.

I have spent hours trying to find a way to turn off split screen and I have dug and found split screen in Geneses menu, but they require at least one widget turned on....so no way to turn off split screen.

It is so frustrating because Apple Car Play is so much better in full screen
I agree! Just purchased a GV70 today and CarPlay was full screen for a bit and then it split. Not sure what I did but I did search for 30 minutes to find a setting to change it back but no luck.

Mike TX

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I agree! Just purchased a GV70 today and CarPlay was full screen for a bit and then it split. Not sure what I did but I did search for 30 minutes to find a setting to change it back but no luck.
It is such a waste of the beautiful screen to not be full screen.

zyzgerry

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Had the same challenge today, couldn't turn off split screen. Seems like Genesis need to update its software to allow a gesture to hide it at least

wheeling

Registered Member
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Did you all try the arrow post #3 said? you have full control of full screen or split screen.

zyzgerry

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Did you all try the arrow post #3 said? you have full control of full screen or split screen.
Yeah sure we can control by reaching the screen, but realistically that’s not safe to do when driving, since the screen is pretty far. I wish there is a button/gesture to show/hide split screen instead

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
Mount Dora FL; Penfield NY; Roswell NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yeah sure we can control by reaching the screen, but realistically that’s not safe to do when driving, since the screen is pretty far. I wish there is a button/gesture to show/hide split screen instead
I normally use a “Stylus” (sp) when touching the center info screen vice using my finger tip or using the circular controller.

G-169216

If you have split screen on there should be a little arrow on the screen on the right side of the right panel. Click on that and it will go back to full screen.

to open split screen just click on that same arrow again.
My screen is not showing that little arrow

Sam Ji

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
My screen is not showing that little arrow
Same :( the day i drove it home from the dealership it was fullscreen and not anymore. The arrow is not there either (in carplay) if i go into native navigation screen i find an arrow to turn off the audio source. When i go in settings and split screen, Map and audio source are grayed out from getting unchecked.

Ellatan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Same :( the day i drove it home from the dealership it was fullscreen and not anymore. The arrow is not there either (in carplay) if i go into native navigation screen i find an arrow to turn off the audio source. When i go in settings and split screen, Map and audio source are grayed out from getting unchecked.

Long press physical Menu button on your car. It teaches you this in tips that show up on car start-up. I would also recommend watching Genesis Instructional videos to find out a bunch more features you were probably not aware of.