Idle Stop and Go (ISG) inconsistency 3.5 Sport Advanced

rwd

Anybody else have consistency malfunctions with the Idle Stop and Go feature? I typically do not deactivate this feature and it works as expected based on my experience with other cars having this feature.
Here's the problem: Occasionally the "engine turn off" feature when the vehicle is stopped doesn't happen, the engine continues to run. There is no influence from the HVAC ventilation system settings defroster/deicer etc being on or off, no influence from the car being cold or up operating temp. Usually the car is on level ground.
When it happens the instrument cluster circled A remains white and the dashboard deactivate button turns orange suggesting a malfunction. However no error code is displayed in the instrument cluster. Cycling the deactivation button has no effect. The engine continues to run and I continue on my way without incident. Usually within a few miles and a few more stops normal Idle Stop and Go functionality returns. (engine turns off when stopped (green circled A), engine starts after releasing brake pedal (white circled A), no orange malfunction on deactivate pushbutton)
The problem may be more accurately described by saying the deactivate button has a mind of its own.
Waiting for a call back from Service Manager as well as an update from Genesis Customer Service

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
There is a long list of conditions that control ISG. Did you review that list in your owners’s manual?

Also, in these Covid times many of us are driving radically reduced mileage. As a result, your battery may not be getting charged up to the proper level to trigger ISG. If that’s the case, relax and enjoy it. Most folks are happy when it takes a vacation.

Last edited:

rwd

Hi PMCErnie,
Yes, I've looked over the list or "prerequisites for for activation" before calling the dealer and Genesis Customer Support and writing the Owner's Forum.
Most prerequisites on page 6-47 of the owner's manual are pretty basic and self explanatory , the only unclear prerequisites are:
1) how would you know if The battery sensor is activated and the battery sufficiently charged? (possibly a low battery warning light?)
2) how would you know if "The brake vacuum hose pressure is adequate?"
3) what is the speed referenced to in "The vehicle is driven over a constant speed and stops?" or what does this actually mean?

Just to clarify there are no warning lights displayed in the instrument cluster when the ISG possibly malfunctions (?)

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hi PMCErnie,
Yes, I've looked over the list or "prerequisites for for activation" before calling the dealer and Genesis Customer Support and writing the Owner's Forum.
Most prerequisites on page 6-47 of the owner's manual are pretty basic and self explanatory , the only unclear prerequisites are:
1) how would you know if The battery sensor is activated and the battery sufficiently charged? (possibly a low battery warning light?)
2) how would you know if "The brake vacuum hose pressure is adequate?"
3) what is the speed referenced to in "The vehicle is driven over a constant speed and stops?" or what does this actually mean?

Just to clarify there are no warning lights displayed in the instrument cluster when the ISG possibly malfunctions (?)
Don’t expect an answer from your dealer. Relax and enjoy when it doesn’t trigger.

Duality

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Medium guitar pick wedge on the right side of the stop idle button and make sure the button is pressed. So much better… omg and 0.5 mpg worse lol

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners