I'm a little surprised we haven't seen a comparison test between the G70 and new 3 series

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ haha, indeed.

to the OP's point, i agree. seems there shoulda been a comparo out by now. i suspect we'll see them shortly now that the new 3 series is widely available.
I haven't seen a single one on the road yet. Looks sexy on the pics!

ephone1

Registered Member
I don't know how Car & Driver can avoid doing one, but they seem to have far fewer comparison in the last few year years - I'm sure due to declining revenue.

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So far, Doug Demuro, cars.com, and C&D have all said the G70 has sharper steering than the new 330i in their reviews. I can pretty much guess the reviewers will put the 3 series ahead in terms of rear leg room, mpg, technology, exhaust noise, dealer experience and availability. The new m340i will also be a bit faster stock for stock. But for 10k more? I'd still choose the G70 for the price, looks, and likely better reliability.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So far, Doug Demuro, cars.com, and C&D have all said the G70 has sharper steering than the new 330i in their reviews. I can pretty much guess the reviewers will put the 3 series ahead in terms of rear leg room, mpg, technology, exhaust noise, dealer experience and availability. The new m340i will also be a bit faster stock for stock. But for 10k more? I'd still choose the G70 for the price, looks, and likely better reliability.
First year BMWs are always less than stellar for minor issues!

SuperCyclone20

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I feel like it’s closer to $15K more to get a decked out m340i compared to a fully loaded G70. Could be wrong.

ephone1

Registered Member
I also can't wait until Car & Driver does it's annual Virginia International tests. Genesis was smart to release the dynamic edition sans a spare tire, stickier tires, and euro-spec pads. I'm sure that's what Car & Driver will test with, and I'm sure that's the real reason why these cars were built.

mkozlows

Registered Member
I also can't wait until Car & Driver does it's annual Virginia International tests. Genesis was smart to release the dynamic edition sans a spare tire, stickier tires, and euro-spec pads. I'm sure that's what Car & Driver will test with, and I'm sure that's the real reason why these cars were built.
You can't even get the Dynamic Edition anymore, though, can you? They just made 400 of 'em?

ephone1

Registered Member
They're definitely still for sale - I saw one on the Genesis inventory search yesterday. I really wonder what the additional cooling consists of?

mkozlows

Registered Member
You're note wrong. I saw a loaded M430 on Autotrader when I was shopping a few weeks ago and stickerd around 69K.
I just went through BMW's online configurator, and you can get an M340i xDrive that's $69K, but it requires taking the most expensive paint color (the one that costs $2K more than black, not just $500 more) and then checking literally every single option they have, including WiFi Hotspot, power trunk, and "Gesture Control to operate select functions with simple hand movements."

You can get one fairly well equipped -- leather, premium package, adaptive suspension -- for $59K. But the G70 3.3t Sport has some more stuff than that, and if you were going for feature parity, you'd end up around $63K MSRP.