In cabin buzzer won't stop

09genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
I am experiencing the first electrical/computer malfunction on my V8+tech package: after I turn the ignition off and get ready to leave the vehicle, a continuous beep comes on and won't stop. I checked the usual suspects: headlights, doors, key fob...I can't tell what's making it buzz. I even stayed in the car and locked it, to no avail. I had to disconnect the buzzer fuse to prevent the battery from discharging overnight.

The only thing unusual I can think of doing today is taking the car to a carwash for the first time. I'm thinking one of two things could've happened:
1. water got where it shouldn't
2. some unusual situation with engine off, key fob in the key holder, driver's door open and shifter in Neutral (typical stuff a carwash employee does moving the car around) could have put the system in a state it doesn't know how to handle.

Anyone ran into the same issue?

Thanks.

PINGGOLF

Been here awhile...
I noticed my car does that too but only when you have the door open before you turn the car off. It will continue to beep until you shut the door and lock it.

It is kinda weird but I just look over it. I dont understand why it beeps like that.

But yours...Im not sure why it does not quit?

Let us know if you find out anything!

09genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
This happened again twice since my original posting: once again after a car wash and yet another time after a drive in the rain (although I've driven many time in the rain without triggering this buzzer).

The difference this time is, taking the fuse out overnight doesn't make it go away the next day. I even took it to the dealer and they confirmed there is an issue, but they don't know what is causing it. They even plugged in the diagnostics tool to the onboard computer, to no avail.

So now, the faint buzzer sound is continuously there. I think this may need people in Korea to debug the issue.

bpajax

Getting familiar with the group...
I noticed my car does that too but only when you have the door open before you turn the car off. It will continue to beep until you shut the door and lock it.

It is kinda weird but I just look over it. I dont understand why it beeps like that.

But yours...Im not sure why it does not quit?

Let us know if you find out anything!

Same thing with me. I haven't studied the issue too much yet, but I think if I open the door before I turn off the engine, then I get a beeping that won't stop until I close the door upon exiting. It's kind of annoying, so I'm trying to get in the habit of not opening the door until i shut off the engine (I think I may even have to wait until the steering wheel finishes moving to the exit position in order to avoid the beep - I'll double check). Is this happening to others?

BacktoHyundaibychoice

Registered Member
Suburban Chicago
Same thing with me. I haven't studied the issue too much yet, but I think if I open the door before I turn off the engine, then I get a beeping that won't stop until I close the door upon exiting. It's kind of annoying, so I'm trying to get in the habit of not opening the door until i shut off the engine (I think I may even have to wait until the steering wheel finishes moving to the exit position in order to avoid the beep - I'll double check). Is this happening to others?
Same symptoms, I haven't found it a big deal. As for the wheel finishing moving, I disabled that after reading the TSB "fix". There's no way I want my tech to even attempt that repair, and I really don't need the steering wheel to move.

darammer

Getting familiar with the group...
SFV - LA, CA
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
it is the car reminding you the key is still in the car. much like a car with an ignition key will beep when the keys are in the ignition. It will stop when you take the key away from the cars sensors

G-52446

it is the car reminding you the key is still in the car. much like a car with an ignition key will beep when the keys are in the ignition. It will stop when you take the key away from the cars sensors
Mine dosent do it everytime, so it's not the key fob.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums