In the wild...

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
... after trading my Red GV80 base model for a gray GV80 with all wheel drive and Prestige package
Maybe you covered this in another post or thread, but how do you like the difference? Was it worth it?

m0pher

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Trip home to Florida after trading my Red GV80 base model for a gray GV80 with all wheel drive and Prestige package. In 1,100 miles on I-95 did not see one GV80, TILL I pulled into my development then realize there was one pulling into driveway one street over from me.
Similar thing happened to me yesterday. Drove from Cleveland to NYC and nothing, until I pull into my parking garage and shortly afterward a blue GV80 pulls up right behind me. (The guy waited 9 months for his and still had to compromise on the interior because the dealership sold two vehicles with his specs to others to capture mark-up.)

jimmak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I saw my second one last week. I was going in his direction and stopped to talk to him when he pulled into his driveway. He said it was his company car. He worked for a very high end deanship (Bentley, McLaren, Lamborghini) They also own a Hyundai/ Genesis dealership in another city. He was much impressed with the GV80, telling me it was one of the nicest cars he's ever driven.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
From south New Jersey to Bar Harbor Maine and back, zero sightings. ~1400 miles.

jimmak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
They are still pretty rare. It takes me back to 1976. I had one of the first Honda Accords. It was a ground breaking car at thw time. It got a lot of attention for the first few months.

2021GCSGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Just saw a GCS. This makes six in my area that I’ve seen. White, black, grey, silver, green and GCS. Plus my GCS.

CBBF6EED-74C4-47D8-B538-4AA75423CEA2.jpeg

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
I am happier but when you think all the bells and whistles the Palisades has it is surprising this "up scale" line of cars makes all those things optional.

They're "optional" in the Palisade as well; one has to climb up the trim levels to get all the goodies, plus, the Germans make things even more optional.

jimmak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I saw another white one today with temp plates in San Diego. This thread will become less relevent soon as more and more arrive.
I saw a review from Great Briton on YouTube. This and the G80 are the first Genesis products to be sold there.

BlueTwinJim

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
So I thought I’d start a thread so when we see a GV80 in the wild we can post it.

Today I saw a Cardiff Green GV80 driving down the road towards my subdivision.

Two cars later was a new Black G80.

we were in our van so I couldn’t flash the lights.
Just drove from Ft. Lauderdale to Buffalo.. and all around(5000miles) We saw ZERO GV80's enroute, but got many looks and thumbs up for ours (3.5GoldCoastSilver/Dune Prestige). We did see 1 (Blk/Blk) near our home in Ft. Lauderdale upon return.

prattusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Some of us like that analog speedometer. I like hands on a clock too.
it would be alright if it wasn't paired with the digital side - looks like Dr Frankenstein was consulted in design. 2 x Analogue or Full Digital. not the mish mash!

ilovemygenesis

Registered Member
Connecticut
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
i finally saw my first GV80 last weekend on route 7 off I95 in CT, same color as mine.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners