Installing radar and cameras for lane keep assist aftermarket, is it possible?

ali.alyami90

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi

This might be a silly question but I have a 2019 G70 2.0T without LKA radar/sensors and all that jazz (plus side; i have a full grille with know fake glass thingy for the radar). My question is, is it possible to install the radar and sensors? Does Genisis/Huyndai provide upgrade services for that?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Be cheaper to trade in for another. The wiring isn't there, few thousands for all the sensors, plus a new ecu, etc. Add up everything, probably looking $10k +
Hire a driver at that point...LOL.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Where did you get your G70?
At least here in USA even the lowest 2.0T trim has:

· Forward Collision Avoidance with Pedestrian Detection · Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go · Tire Pressure Monitoring System with tire pressure indicators · Lane Keep Assist · High Beam Assist · Driver Attention Warning · Blind-Spot Collision Warning with Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning · 7 airbags: dual front, front side, side curtain, and driver knee · Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) w/ESC & TCS · Hillstart Assist Control (HAC) / Brake Assist (BA) · Front seatbelt pre-tensioners · Automatic halogen headlights

ali.alyami90

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
With enough time and money, anything like that is possible. Practical? Maybe not so much. It may not be much different to take a hit on depreciation and trade for a model that has all the features you want.
Thanks man.

Be cheaper to trade in for another. The wiring isn't there, few thousands for all the sensors, plus a new ecu, etc. Add up everything, probably looking $10k +
Im hoping the wiring is trivial and the ecu is what is already installed just configured to read it.

Where did you get your G70?
At least here in USA even the lowest 2.0T trim has:

· Forward Collision Avoidance with Pedestrian Detection · Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go · Tire Pressure Monitoring System with tire pressure indicators · Lane Keep Assist · High Beam Assist · Driver Attention Warning · Blind-Spot Collision Warning with Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning · 7 airbags: dual front, front side, side curtain, and driver knee · Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) w/ESC & TCS · Hillstart Assist Control (HAC) / Brake Assist (BA) · Front seatbelt pre-tensioners · Automatic halogen headlights
From Saudi Arabia. There's only one 2.0T trim sold here, and it has no radar, which sucks. :(

orion007

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Why wouldn’t the wiring already be there?? I would think Genesis would have 1 wiring harness for the car to keep costs down. I would guess the wires are most likely already there. ECU is probably the same also and would just need to be reprogrammed to add those features.
I’m not sure if the shop manuals are available yet but if they are you could check the wiring diagrams to see if the plugs are there but not used.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.