• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

3.3T Intake comparisons

Tdefrees

Registered Member
Utica, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I have my basket filled JB4, plugs, wireless kit, and Burger's dual intakes. Now before I get caught in the back-and-forth of the tuner debate, i simply went with JB4 for the ease of install and removal.

What I'm trying to gather more info about is the intake system on the 3.3t. Are all the Stinger's intake systems physically compatible with the G70 and has anyone tested or have any other information regarding if there are really any true performance variances between them? I ask before I place my order because Burger's are priced nicely, but I can be convinced otherwise. Thanks for your input!

BMS Kia Stinger Performance Intake - BurgerTuning.com

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So far we have seen a couple different Stinger intakes that have been installed on the G70 without any problems. Considering this, I assume that all Stinger intakes will fit the G70 as is.

Now, as far as which ones are the best.... Unsure. IMO, it's worth looking for one that has really good heat shields, something that completely blocks the filters from the engine bay heat, and is able to pull the air from the stock outside air ducts.

I was looking at Stillen for a while, but was told that it has bad fitment issues on the Stinger, this would most likely have the same problems on our cars as well.

Tdefrees

Registered Member
Utica, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So far we have seen a couple different Stinger intakes that have been installed on the G70 without any problems. Considering this, I assume that all Stinger intakes will fit the G70 as is.

Now, as far as which ones are the best.... Unsure. IMO, it's worth looking for one that has really good heat shields, something that completely blocks the filters from the engine bay heat, and is able to pull the air from the stock outside air ducts.

I was looking at Stillen for a while, but was told that it has bad fitment issues on the Stinger, this would most likely have the same problems on our cars as well.
Isolation from the engine is definitely one of my top considerations. But if there is negligible differences in performance, quality, it doesn't hurt to be good looking to dress up a rather ugly engine bay. I'm also hoping for a higher quality and good looking engine cover.

NLJ

Registered Member
Vancouver
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I actually preferred the engine bay of my Acura. Everything was covered except the top of the engine which was naked!
So you never saw any wires and belts.
The Genesis engine bay just looks messy!

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Got my exhaust straight now need more flow in. I think I may go with AEM CAI, dry filter and from what I read sealed off about 80 to 90% from engine bay. Not sure how much of a difference it would make since same air feeder tube. Then I think in that case I may just go with K&N panels. Anyone using the panels? Oiled filter opinion? I wouldnt mind a little intake noise, I wonder if the panels increase this at all.
I think I just talked myself into K&N panels lol, completely sealed OEM, more flow, I am just not sure about an oiled filter with a turbo, is this even an issue?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Got my exhaust straight now need more flow in. I think I may go with AEM CAI, dry filter and from what I read sealed off about 80 to 90% from engine bay. Not sure how much of a difference it would make since same air feeder tube. Then I think in that case I may just go with K&N panels. Anyone using the panels? Oiled filter opinion? I wouldnt mind a little intake noise, I wonder if the panels increase this at all.
I think I just talked myself into K&N panels lol, completely sealed OEM, more flow, I am just not sure about an oiled filter with a turbo, is this even an issue?
Not that I know of. I'm not sure if they even flow any better than stock, though.. *shrug*

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I have my basket filled JB4, plugs, wireless kit, and Burger's dual intakes. Now before I get caught in the back-and-forth of the tuner debate, i simply went with JB4 for the ease of install and removal.

What I'm trying to gather more info about is the intake system on the 3.3t. Are all the Stinger's intake systems physically compatible with the G70 and has anyone tested or have any other information regarding if there are really any true performance variances between them? I ask before I place my order because Burger's are priced nicely, but I can be convinced otherwise. Thanks for your input!

If you scroll down on BMS's website you'll see that they have their intake installed on a G70 as well. So it looks like fitment on our cars is no problem...

...on top of this, their intake looks really easy to install, since you're keeping the bottom half of the stock intake box intact.

As for me, I'm leaning towards the Agency Power intake..

...and hopefully a set of these would fit as well...

...though I'm doubting they will, our bumpers have more material in the way where these scoops sit.

Last edited:

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you scroll down on BMS's website you'll see that they have their intake installed on a G70 as well. So it looks like fitment on our cars is no problem...

View attachment 19932

...on top of this, their intake looks really easy to install, since you're keeping the bottom half of the stock intake box intact.

View attachment 19933

View attachment 19934

...though I'm doubting they will, our bumpers have more material in the way where these scoops sit.
I thought there was fitment issues with the agency. Hood not closing properly, not 100% sure though.

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

View attachment 19932

View attachment 19933

View attachment 19934

View attachment 19932

View attachment 19933

View attachment 19934

I have the BMS intake on my 3.3 and it fits good. I have had no issue with the hood not shutting properly. The sound under the hood is much nicer and you can hear the whishing sound when you accelerate. Also when you start the engine and let it warm up you can hear the air flowing into the engine (sorry, I don’t know what the proper term to use is but you know what I mean). I can’t tell you if the performance is any better or not but the sound is for sure! And it looks good...:)

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the BMS intake on my 3.3 and it fits good. I have had no issue with the hood not shutting properly. The sound under the hood is much nicer and you can hear the whishing sound when you accelerate. Also when you start the engine and let it warm up you can hear the air flowing into the engine (sorry, I don’t know what the proper term to use is but you know what I mean). I can’t tell you if the performance is any better or not but the sound is for sure! And it looks good...:)
Good to hear about the fit. I wish we had performance info. Does the BMS seal to the hood and is the filter area completely blocked from engine bay heat? As for fitment I was speaking about the Agency power intake having hood issues.

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

i have the AEM intakes for the stinger. love AEM products and fits goods

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Got a response back from Agency Power, they told me that they tested their Stinger intake on the G70 and it fit without any problems.

The intake snorkels, on the other hand, will not fit our cars since we have some active aero for the radiator.

In fact, looking at the stock intake design, you can see a fair amount of restriction due to the snorkel routing. If you removed some of the snorkel you would probably remove some of that restriction. This part is what I'm talking about...

I actually emailed Velossa Tech about their snorkels, and Dan told me he might be able to design a set for the G70, hence why I removed my bumper. But after I got it all off I'm really beginning to doubt that it's even possible. Oh well.

Either way, AP intake for me!

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Got a response back from Agency Power, they told me that they tested their Stinger intake on the G70 and it fit without any problems.

The intake snorkels, on the other hand, will not fit our cars since we have some active aero for the radiator.

In fact, looking at the stock intake design, you can see a fair amount of restriction due to the snorkel routing. If you removed some of the snorkel you would probably remove some of that restriction. This part is what I'm talking about...

View attachment 19961
View attachment 19962

I actually emailed Velossa Tech about their snorkels, and Dan told me he might be able to design a set for the G70, hence why I removed my bumper. But after I got it all off I'm really beginning to doubt that it's even possible. Oh well.

Either way, AP intake for me!
Thanks for the investigation and info. So are you saying you are going to leave the intake part off?

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just got this reply from power agency about fitment and issues.

Hello,

This is compatible with the G70.

We have switched to a different seal for proper hood fitment.

The intake seals to the hood, and each intake box has a drain hole.

These intakes were designed with a KIA stinger chassis. I have had customers install these on a G70 with good fitment.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just got this reply from power agency about fitment and issues.

Hello,

This is compatible with the G70.

We have switched to a different seal for proper hood fitment.

The intake seals to the hood, and each intake box has a drain hole.

These intakes were designed with a KIA stinger chassis. I have had customers install these on a G70 with good fitment.
Told ya!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums