Interior lighting

g70

Getting familiar with the group...
QC, Canada
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I know the Kia has this. Does the G70?

I'm talking about the fancy coloured lighting which subtly illuminates the interior wells etc.

Cheesy, totally unnecessary, not remotely a deal breaker, but does the G70 have this?

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
I know the Kia has this. Does the G70?

I'm talking about the fancy coloured lighting which subtly illuminates the interior wells etc.

Cheesy, totally unnecessary, not remotely a deal breaker, but does the G70 have this?

I have seen every video on youtube and have not seen any ambient lighting although the koresn spec has a blue light strip overhead that has been removed for the north american model. I also like to see interior coloured lighting and illuminated door sills as i think it adds a very nice touch, Mercedes does this excellent but i agree it is not a deal breaker but would be nice. Its hard to find everything u want but i would definitly pay extra for interior lighting, illuminated door sills , pano sunroof and sport exhaust....... maybe i ask for too much ??

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
This was an early write up so of course may not be true.

"Standard equipment on U.S.-spec G70s has yet to be determined, but we know that almost everything Genesis will offer in features will come on all cars. Model differences will be limited mostly to engine, drive configuration, wheel size and leather upgrade.

That means all G70s should come with the maximum number of power-seat adjustments, the 15-speaker Lexicon audio with 10-inch sub, heated/ventilated front seats, head-up display, programmable ambient lights and wireless charging."

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Great news for my clients -- I am getting a production G70 in 2 weeks to put on display at our Southgate Centre kiosk! I will confirm a bunch of details regarding lighting, etc. when the car arrives.

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My G70 demos are incoming on truck so I should have them test drive-ready in 2 weeks. :)

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
!!!!!! I hope they impress !!!
I'm sure they will! My first 5 are the following:

- Elite (Red on Black)
- Prestige (Silver on Brown)
- 3.3T Dynamic (Black on Velvet Burgundy)
- 3.3T Sport (White on Red)
- 3.3T Sport (Mallorca Blue on Red; car to be on display at Southgate Centre and at our new store at Premium Outlet Collection EIA)

Kamauxx

Registered Member
How's G70s setup? Is it the strip on the dash and lights in the door with color and brightness options on the setup screen?

Here's how one of BMWs model's take on ambient lights.

amazing-bmw-interior-lights-creative-design-lighting-hella.jpg

Not to be outdone here's Mercedes's ambient lighting.

large.jpg

And we know Audi loves lights...

preview_480p.mp4.jpg

All luxury automakers are offering ambient lights on their cars nowadays. It's even starting to trickle down to base models like VW's Jettas.

Hopefully Genesis hasn't overlooked something like this.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How's G70s setup? Is it the strip on the dash and lights in the door with color and brightness options on the setup screen?

Here's how one of BMWs model's take on ambient lights.

View attachment 17206

Not to be outdone here's Mercedes's ambient lighting.

View attachment 17207

And we know Audi loves lights...

View attachment 17208

All luxury automakers are offering ambient lights on their cars nowadays. It's even starting to trickle down to base models like VW's Jettas.

Hopefully Genesis hasn't overlooked something like this.
Well, they ovelooked. G70 has no ambient lighting at all.

Kamauxx

Registered Member
Which is fine. Interior lighting is distracting.

Not really. It's really dim. Cameras accentuate light when it's surrounded by darkness. Most car's ambient lighting is hardly noticeable when driving.

You would love Rolls-Royce's "celestial lighting." :ROFLMAO::LOL:

maxresdefault.jpg Rolls-Celestial_phantom-2013-i01-1024.jpg

Last edited:

NLJ

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ambient lighting is not really a luxury car thing. Ricers used to have it on their Civics. Then eventually manufacturers adapted it. I remember Ford having it on their Focus about 14 years ago and it looked like disco lighting.
Never had it so I don't miss it!

Kamauxx

Registered Member
Ambient lighting is not really a luxury car thing.

Luxury car makers/buyers around the globe would disagree.

But like anything in life, different strokes for different folks. I'm just surprised to see Genesis omit a feature that's become so popular with its biggest competitors. Especially since it would only cost them a few bucks per vehicle to install and customers that didn't like it could simply turn it off in the options menu.

I bet we'll see Genesis start to roll it out in the coming years.

orion007

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Have any of you seen the new MB CLA? Interior is beautiful and will give G70 a run for its money especially the AMG versions. Those dual display screen are to die for.

Attachments

• 949978F6-19B8-4D3C-B66B-B50D0CC4A3E6.jpeg
    949978F6-19B8-4D3C-B66B-B50D0CC4A3E6.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 55
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners