Interior lighting

orion007

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
OMG...give it a f’ing rest man. If you want lights...buy a flashlight.
Why do you feel the need to be the ahole of this board? You have attacked me from my very first post which is uncalled for. I get it you bought one and you like it but the purpose of this board is to discuss stuff not to agree with whatever Beefer says. This entire topic was on point and right in line with everyone’s discussions. I have seen you attack others on this board for no apparent reason also. If you don’t have anything constructive to say then dont post.

orogenesis

Registered Member
Oklahoma
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

found the perfect video for some people on this thread
I think it looks good for being aftermarket ambient lighting. I hope Genesis will include some playful touches like ambient lighting in the next G70 iteration.

Wonder where you can pick up something like in the video.

orion007

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I think it looks good for being aftermarket ambient lighting. I hope Genesis will include some playful touches like ambient lighting in the next G70 iteration.

Wonder where you can pick up something like in the video.
Not sure if anyone has seen the new Sonata Interior images that were released yesterday but the interior is really stunning. The virtual cockpit looks amazing and it even had the colored interior lighting that is missing throughout the Genesis line. I find it quite funny that Sonata and Genesis were released so close together and the Sonata interior looks superior in many aspects. The fact we are potentially stuck with the existing G70 interior for at least 3 years or more is really disappointing.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ really? Some interior lights and a digital dash make it superior? I know what car you’re getting.

Guaranteed there isn’t a single piece of aluminum, stainless steel or any other metal. As for leather...not a whiff of Nappa to be found. Also...look at all the piano black.

That interior has nothing on Genesis.

Last edited:

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I like digital dashes provided they are done well BUT I really like old school analog dashes like the one in our G70. I think much like the rest of the G70, the dash will stand the test of time and keep it's classic look forever! This car is going to be a classic in ever sense. So well done.

orogenesis

Registered Member
Oklahoma
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Sonata interior is superior to Genesis. I hope they don't let the Sonata designers anywhere near the Genesis team.

I do like the digital dash elements though. If they do go fully digital in the Genesis line, I hope they keep the analog gauge housing and have a redesign of the UI customized to the brand. I don't enjoy the blackboard-flat dashes a lot of companies are moving to.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Digital dashes are all the rage now. But unless the manufacturer updates the graphics of the car you own every couple of years, it will look stale really fast.
What looks good today may look like Windows XP 3 years from now. Digital UIs are not timeless like analog/mechanical dials are!
Saying that, I would love to see my side view or rear view camera on my dash!

Kamauxx

Registered Member
The new Sonata's interior looks a lot like the Palisade's. We can see where Hyundai is going. I'm surprised they went with the tacked on tablet infotainment look as more and more upscale car makers have been phasing them out.

So far the K900, Telluride, Palisade, Sonata, and I'm sure some I'm unaware of are sporting the blind spot monitors in the dash. I think this will become a common feature across the entire Hyundai/Kia lines.

orion007

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The new Sonata's interior looks a lot like the Palisade's. We can see where Hyundai is going. I'm surprised they went with the tacked on tablet infotainment look as more and more upscale car makers have been phasing them out.

So far the K900, Telluride, Palisade, Sonata, and I'm sure some I'm unaware of are sporting the blind spot monitors in the dash. I think this will become a common feature across the entire Hyundai/Kia lines.
In the recent G80 interior spy shots it is going to this Sonata design language. Especially with the steering wheel and Infotainment system.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Agreed that digital dashes are all the rage now. But I just don’t seen any benefit from them as they’re more of a stylistic element than anything else. When I look at analog gauges, I get the information I need, and I get it quickly. When I look at digital gauges, it just seems so busy that I’m reminded of what the car magazines called digital gauges back in the 1980’s... “Tokyo by night.”

orion007

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Agreed that digital dashes are all the rage now. But I just don’t seen any benefit from them as they’re more of a stylistic element than anything else. When I look at analog gauges, I get the information I need, and I get it quickly. When I look at digital gauges, it just seems so busy that I’m reminded of what the car magazines called digital gauges back in the 1980’s... “Tokyo by night.”
I like the functionality a proper digital cluster gives you. The track focused features are nice as well as the navigation and blind spot detection right in the cluster. You can always leave it in analog mode if you prefer those style gauges as well

Soma

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Orion is right. The good ones are pretty convenient, but I wouldn't say its a huge deal breaking feature. Does basically the same job as the center one, but a foot or two to the left (or right if you're from one of those backwards countries). As long as the center screen gives me good directions and tells me to switch the song before "Barbie Girl" plays, I'm good.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.