Interior Lighting

imfloridaguy

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hello everyone,
I've recently purchased a used 2015 Genesis G80 (3.8) and really like it. However, one thing I don't like is that when I enter the car in the dark, it's like getting into a cave. As it has a sunroof, there's not a cabin light overhead. But it seems like despite the lack of an overhead cabin light, Hyundai would never have intended it to be this dark. I've read the manual and I'm not finding anything about cabin illumination.
So the question is......Is this normal? Or do I have a lighting issue.
I would think the lights over the gear selector would come on, but they don't (they do work manually). Regardless of those, the back seats are super dark too.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello everyone,
I've recently purchased a used 2015 Genesis G80 (3.8) and really like it. However, one thing I don't like is that when I enter the car in the dark, it's like getting into a cave. As it has a sunroof, there's not a cabin light overhead. But it seems like despite the lack of an overhead cabin light, Hyundai would never have intended it to be this dark. I've read the manual and I'm not finding anything about cabin illumination.
So the question is......Is this normal? Or do I have a lighting issue.
I would think the lights over the gear selector would come on, but they don't (they do work manually). Regardless of those, the back seats are super dark too.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Perhaps the former owner worked in a coal mine and wore his work hat

There are four lights. Two in front in the overhead and two in the back, one on each side by the handles on the roof.

There is a switch on the upper console for the sunroof. It is the switch on the right that controls them.

It is optional to have them stay off so if you are a private detective doing surveillance work you won't be found out as you get in and out of the car. .

Xul0279

West Palm Beach, Fl
Genesis Model Type
I just picked up the same exact car and at night the interior lights up like daylight. Check your switch positions. The ones on the overhead.

RCH04

Registered Member
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Perhaps the former owner worked in a coal mine and wore his work hat

There are four lights. Two in front in the overhead and two in the back, one on each side by the handles on the roof.

There is a switch on the upper console for the sunroof. It is the switch on the right that controls them.

It is optional to have them stay off so if you are a private detective doing surveillance work you won't be found out as you get in and out of the car. .
Good ad campaign. "G80 #1 with PI's".

imfloridaguy

Genesis Model Type
Thank you everyone. I will go check on it. I solved another issue today due to a dead fuse, so if the switch doesn't do it, I'll check fuses again.