• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Interior lighting

homeofstone

Registered Member
Athens, Georgia, USA
I changed the footwell and puddle bulbs to LED that match the overhead lights. The LED lights are much brighter and nice to have the same color as overhead lights. The LED's are T 10 and replace 194 bulbs. I ordered 6 from Amazon.com here is the link [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JSFH3G"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JSFH3G[/ame]

Last edited:

Tin

Getting familiar with the group...
the vanity mirror lamp bulb is listed as 6418, but someone said that you will need the 3157. can someone confirm or deny it? I want to change it to the LEDs version.

Last edited:

Tin

Getting familiar with the group...
i dont need it to be bright, just white, as the yellow light not matching the interior. I like matching things.

nearwater

Been here awhile...
MI
I changed the footwell and puddle bulbs to LED that match the overhead lights. The LED lights are much brighter and nice to have the same color as overhead lights. The LED's are T 10 and replace 194 bulbs. I ordered 6 from Amazon.com here is the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JSFH3G
Used those to replace the footwell puddle lamps.
Also did the door ones while I was at it.
Lights match the interior's purplish white light perfectly.

Dan

BlackHeartTuner

Hasn't posted much yet...
Does anyone know if you can/how to change the color of the lighting around the speedometer/tachometer? And even above and beyond that if there's any way to change the color of the screen for the media/map? I know it's a tall order but I'm all about red, not so much the blue it comes stock with

Srikanta4u

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Does anyone know if we can change the word in the Genesis G80 puddle light.. Currently the word shows as "GENESIS".. i was thinking if i can change to my kid's name as the puddle display.. the one which projects on the floor.. any guidance please.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Srikanta4u

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
With enough time and money you can change most anything. It is not user changeable from any settings.

Disassemble the mirror housing and puddle light to find the screen with the Genesis stencil for projection. Duplicate it with the word of your choice. Probably a thin plastic material to cut out.

Alternative is to change your kid's name to Genesis.
not a bad idea.. the last line :)

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums