Interior motion sensor disabling question

trackrat

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Does the G70 have a disable button or control for the interior motion sensor that, I assume is activated when one locks the vehicle? My Porsches and Audis have had a button on the door that disables the interior motion sensor so that the alarm does not sound if my dog moves when he is inside and the car is locked. No, I do not leave my dog in the car when it is hot.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Tell me which ones do. Audi doesn’t.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So if someone breaks the windows there is no alarm? In a car that has such amazing electronic features it is disappointing that there is no interior motion sensor.
Once that window is broken, what is the alarm going to protect? How many times has your car been broken into?

I avoid broken windows. I don't lock the car so a potential thief can open the door and see there is nothing to steal. Had that happen twice with no damage and no loss while other cars had broken windows and pry marks.

If pro wants your car, it will be gone, no matter the alarm.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Same here and I've had Porsche's and Audi's. Never had an interior motion sensor alarm in any of them.

The motion sensor you speaking about is; a tilt motion sensor. If the car is rocker or someone attempts to pick or jack it up, the motion will set off the alarm. It's not and interior alarm.

Besides if you've got a big dog, him to grin at people looking in the car and he'll be a great deterrent on his own.

trackrat

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My 2015 911 Turbo S, my 2016 Panamera GTS and my 2017 Audi allroad have interior motion sensors that can be deactivated to otherwise arm the alarm. Yes, they also have tilt sensors in addition to interior motion sensors.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Probably model specific but Audi, BMW, Lexus and Mercedes (to name some) have had interior motion sensors for quite a few years.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.