iphone 12 wireless charging

tomstoll

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
anyone else having issues wireless charging their iphone 12/12promax?

i get inconsistent results using an apple mag safe case and my iphone 12promax. sometimes it works, sometimes it works for a bit then the qi led starts flashing intermittently.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I've had the same issue with a 12 pro max in a 2018 G80, the car's Qi charger just makes the phone hot and actually drains the battery, even put the phone into overheat protection mode.

I gave up and bought these:

Amazon.com: USB C Car Charger,AUKEY Car Charger Compatible with iPhone 12 Mini/12 Pro/12 Pro Max, 30W PD Car Charger Adapter,4.8A All Metal Mini Cigarette Lighter USB Charger Quick Charge for iPhone,iPad,Samsung

Amazon.com: Apple MagSafe Charger

I just tuck the magsafe charger and phone in the center console.

tomstoll

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I've had the same issue with a 12 pro max in a 2018 G80, the car's Qi charger just makes the phone hot and actually drains the battery, even put the phone into overheat protection mode.

I gave up and bought these:

Amazon.com: USB C Car Charger,AUKEY Car Charger Compatible with iPhone 12 Mini/12 Pro/12 Pro Max, 30W PD Car Charger Adapter,4.8A All Metal Mini Cigarette Lighter USB Charger Quick Charge for iPhone,iPad,Samsung

Amazon.com: Apple MagSafe Charger

I just tuck the magsafe charger and phone in the center console.
ok so its not just me.. this seems sub optimal. i guess ill just use the lightning cable to charge

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums