• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

iPhone update CarPlay issues

FrankieD

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My CarPlay stopped working and I think it’s related to the phone update (v12.4). I followed the instructions on apples site about restarting the phone and removing the car from the settings etc.
now when I connect my phone, i can’t add my car to the phone settings.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, what did you do to fix this issue?

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

FrankieD

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
yeah I have had a bunch of issues with 12.4 today alone driving to work CP disconnected 11 times. it's working, music is playing, then it says iPhone disconnected and the music starts coming from the phone speaker, yet it is still charging from the car port.

I am going to do a full reset of the phone this weekend, back up, wipe the phone, reinstall 12.4 from scratch (vs. the upgrade from 12.3) then restore.

the last time I had these types of issues that is the only thing that fixed it.

I do mine from a PC using iTunes, as the cloud restore seems to take forever.
So I think I figured out a fix without having to go through all those steps...it seemed to have worked on my CP.

Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Scroll all the way down and make sure that ‘USB Accessories’ is enable (2nd last option).

That helped mine after a lot of frustrations trying to do the steps on the apple site.

Good luck!

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

FrankieD

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is by no means GOOD advice... but I believe the iOS 13 beta is out. If you're having trouble with 12.4... maybe you can try the beta. It comes with a Car Play update too!

Here's What the iOS 13 Software Update Means For Apple CarPlay
I saw this but also read somewhere that people were having issues with the beta too. For right now with the fix that I found it seems to be working. Don’t want to test fate and try the beta and mess other things up lol

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is by no means GOOD advice... but I believe the iOS 13 beta is out. If you're having trouble with 12.4... maybe you can try the beta. It comes with a Car Play update too!

Here's What the iOS 13 Software Update Means For Apple CarPlay
Yep I’ve been on 13 beta for months and it’s great. The CarPlay is better as well as a host of other things. Had a few glitches at first release but so far very stable.

FrankieD

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yep I’ve been on 13 beta for months and it’s great. The CarPlay is better as well as a host of other things. Had a few glitches at first release but so far very stable.
I might have to try that because my fix turned out to be very short term! How does the beta effect the rest of your phone’s performance?

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums