Is a roof rack available for the GV80?

JandS

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Just wondering if there is a roof rack available. I presently have a 2010 MDX and am looking at purchasing a new SUV in the next 6 months. I love the GV80 but will be curious to see how the 2022 MDX compares in the new year.

Solomookie

Registered Member
York, PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Just wondering if there is a roof rack available. I presently have a 2010 MDX and am looking at purchasing a new SUV in the next 6 months. I love the GV80 but will be curious to see how the 2022 MDX compares in the new year.
The Accessories section of the GV80 page is not showing a roof rack (yet). They only added the trailer hitch and wiring harness recently, so there is hope that a rack will be offered.

JandS

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye out for that.

GV80 Nova

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
eBay sells cross bars ($179) and Thule.com has some but they are very expensive ($500)

HMF

Genesis Model Year
Hyundai100
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Does anyone has pictures of eBay or Thule roof rack? I love to see them in GV80

Kmaughan

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
4C36D5EF-6F5B-48E3-8792-37C2FBA1DE4F.jpeg
I ordered the racks available through Genesis accessories and added the Yakima ski rack. The racks are a Thule product and are very solid and look good IMO. D652086A-9DCD-45AE-9039-BA7DEBF123F8.jpeg

ASLAN

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Same. Got the Thule cross bars from Genesis accessories. Great product.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
View attachment 35758
I ordered the racks available through Genesis accessories and added the Yakima ski rack. The racks are a Thule product and are very solid and look good IMO. View attachment 35759
Thoughtful of you to pile up that white stuff for a nice background. Something you made or is it all natural?

Kmaughan

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
It was a great week skiing with all that new snow. The GV80 handled the snow like a champ.

HMF

Genesis Model Year
Hyundai100
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
They look great!! where did you order them and please give me the website and part number please

Rteeples

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
The seem to be backordered until July. Insane.

Tikki30

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
View attachment 35758
I ordered the racks available through Genesis accessories and added the Yakima ski rack. The racks are a Thule product and are very solid and look good IMO. View attachment 35759
Thank you for sharing this pics - hard to find any others!
The cross rails look pretty good, but I do prefer the look without them when not in use. Wondering how difficult is it to manually remove them and only re-attach on an as-needed basis?

Tikki30

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Same. Got the Thule cross bars from Genesis accessories. Great product.
The cross rails look pretty good, but I do prefer the look without them when not in use. Wondering how difficult is it to manually remove them and only re-attach on an as-needed basis?

Kmaughan

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Thank you for sharing this pics - hard to find any others!
I like the look with them on quite a bit but it’s not worth the wind resistance/minor wind noise to keep them on year round. I’ve taken mine off after winter but now that everything is assembled it probably wouldn’t take more than 5-10 minutes to put them back on.

Greenwing

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I just picked up the Thule roof rack recommended by Genesis and installed it. Thought I'd add some info from my experience.

There are three parts you need:

- Cross Bars ($220): 53" is what Genesis suggests. I tried the 50" bars which do fit but look undersized in my opinion. I initially ordered the aluminum color to match the car, but I felt like they stood out too much. The black blends into the background better and are powder coated. Cross Bar at REI
- Flush Rail Foot Pack ($220): This is the housing for the fit kit. I bought these and the cross bars from REI as they occasionally run sales where members get 20% off. Even without a sale REI members get 10% back on full price purchases in their annual dividend. Flush Rail Foot Pack at REI
- Fit Kit ($130): This is the part that specifically syncs up with the rails of the GV80 and goes inside the foot pack. REI did not carry the GV80 model so I picked them up from amazon. Fit Kit at Amazon

Once you have the bars set up and installed, taking them off and maintaining your settings is very easy. They come off in less than 10 minutes. There is a minor amount of wind noise but with the windows up it's unnoticeable.

PXL_20210610_164743499.jpg PXL_20210610_164819724.jpg PXL_20210610_164849807.jpg PXL_20210610_164901105.jpg PXL_20210610_164949584.jpg PXL_20210610_164914258.jpg

Tikki30

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I like the look with them on quite a bit but it’s not worth the wind resistance/minor wind noise to keep them on year round. I’ve taken mine off after winter but now that everything is assembled it probably wouldn’t take more than 5-10 minutes to put them back on.
that's great to hear that you've got it down to a 5-10 min job. Still waiting on my GV80 delivery, but hope I'll find the same level of convenience. Thanks for the reply!

Tikki30

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I just picked up the Thule roof rack recommended by Genesis and installed it. Thought I'd add some info from my experience.

There are three parts you need:

- Cross Bars ($220): 53" is what Genesis suggests. I tried the 50" bars which do fit but look undersized in my opinion. I initially ordered the aluminum color to match the car, but I felt like they stood out too much. The black blends into the background better and are powder coated. Cross Bar at REI
- Flush Rail Foot Pack ($220): This is the housing for the fit kit. I bought these and the cross bars from REI as they occasionally run sales where members get 20% off. Even without a sale REI members get 10% back on full price purchases in their annual dividend. Flush Rail Foot Pack at REI
- Fit Kit ($130): This is the part that specifically syncs up with the rails of the GV80 and goes inside the foot pack. REI did not carry the GV80 model so I picked them up from amazon. Fit Kit at Amazon

Once you have the bars set up and installed, taking them off and maintaining your settings is very easy. They come off in less than 10 minutes. There is a minor amount of wind noise but with the windows up it's unnoticeable.

You got 'er from every angle, and she's a beauty! I like the black on the blue - going with the same option. Thanks for sharing all the pics and details!

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners