Is Genesis a luxury brand? Based on service, I think not..

vin0770

Registered Member
Wisconsin
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I think they are backed up fixing Hyundai's .. there is no time to fix my lone Genesis gv70 and really .. no one cares but me.
I feel so bad for you man I’d be lost composure guy and get in someone’s grill and be asking…wtf! The bummer is that when they get around to figuring out what to do you’ll get to experience there are no parts available 😢 I can only image what it’s like being a service writer tell their customers our service department can’t fix anything because we got no parts.

tadre1

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I will take it to another dealership in town .. stay away from world car Hyundai.

bill davis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
So, as it has been well documented on this forum, there have been some software issues. Nothing too major but annoying nonetheless. The dial to change the radio stops working requiring a reset of the software. This has happened to me at least 6 times now over the past few weeks that I've had the car.
Overall, the car is great though.

I contacted Genesis via their app. They got back to me pretty quickly and told me to call their customer care, which I did. The agent was very helpful. She arranged for concierge service from my dealer to look into the matter on Friday. I received several emails about this. The dealer emailed me regarding the matter and to confirm the concierge service.
The dealer then called to confirm. The woman with whom I spoke then told me they expected me to go to them and drop the car off (no courtesy car even). What about the concierge service?? Oh, they only do that for routine maintenance.
If i want a rental car, then I'll have to wait until the 20th. Rental car? is it a loaner or a rental?

There is a disconnect between corporate and the dealers. What happened to this so called concierge service that they constantly tout?
They sure are not acting like a luxury brand. Not by a long shot. The car is great, the service not so much.
Until they separate Genesis from Hyundai (like Lexus or Infiniti), they will never be considered a luxury brand.
i wanted a gv70 ,,,but after keep reading things on here having second thoughts ,,,,,,i retired ready to buy couple new cars ,,,,and hard to find ,,,just my luck

bill davis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Genesis’s primary challenge is peope who buy Mercedes and BMW for the brand. With that said, Mercedes cars are now a ‘dime a dozen’, on every street corner. They’re not nearly as special as they once were.
you got that right ,,,,people drive a forty thousand mercedes and brag they drive a mercedes

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

bill davis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
My point is you don’t own a Genesis and haven’t had any experience servicing a Genesis. I do own a Genesis and have had a very positive service experience. Other Genesis owners have posted similar positive service experiences. As someone reading this thread, I would be skeptical of your posts regarding this matter; it’s similar to someone writing a restaurant review of a restaurant he/she has never been to,
iv'e 4 lexus don't know how service is never had to take them back,,,except oil changes and they were great

tadre1

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
All the other makers have dealerships for there luxury brands .. but not Genesis here in the United States. Most likely you will be dealing with Hyundai dealerships.

tadre1

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Finally .. Genesis customer service got a hold of the service manager .. we had a three way call .. I guess wait another month. He says he is short staffed and has no one to return calls .. that was my take on our conversation. So I wait again for aother phone call.

joeliam

Hasn't posted much yet...
Washington DC
Just curious...Is this experience you faced in the US and the dealer is a Hyundai dealer selling Genesis? I ask because the dealers in Canada are dedicated Genesis dealers and the one I have been to so far has been very good.
That’s been my experience with the Hyundai ones selling Genesis. It’s very disappointing because I expected the same level of service as I was getting from my Porsche Cayenne, or my wife’s Audi TTS, but instead I am competing with everyone else. Not a fair game when you’re paying a premium for the car and the service.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
FL dealer awarded $16 million by jury.

This is the reason why Genesis couldn't go ahead with its initial plan of around 100 or so dealerships, and had to offer a Genesis franchise to every Hyundai dealer who wanted one.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I read this article earlier today and there was an agreement with the dealer from 2009, long before Genesis was known so I wonder if this is a somewhat different matter though in the same bailiwick.

ultra63

Been here awhile...
FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I read this article earlier today and there was an agreement with the dealer from 2009, long before Genesis was known so I wonder if this is a somewhat different matter though in the same bailiwick.
certainly Genesis Owner Welcome Program is underwhelming especially when GIFT NOT FOUND

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners