Is it how result of wheel alignment shall look like?

artisticcheese

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hello,

I'm not fully understanding the process but today I went for yearly wheel alignment and results are attached. I don't see much difference between before/after measurements. Some of after measurements are still on border of what is considered acceptable. Shall this results considered a job well done by a shop?

Attachments

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
means your car was in alignment and didn't need much adjustment.,

typical for me, I do alignment once a year as a maintenance item, but since I don't drive hard, hit curbs, hit pot holes, or drive over speed bumps at fast speeds my vehicles seldom need any adjustments and when they do they are very minor like yours. My wife on the other hand, well lets just say we have to do hers at least twice a year, curbs are not her friends.

so to me, yes, job well done..

arcman

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Did you pay for that? If so, go ask for your money back. They could have driven it off and back on the pad and it would change that much. They didn't adjust anything. Tire Rack will put in on the pad and check it for free and only charge you if you want changes.

Though the .5 deg extra FR neg. camber and the rear toe are near the limit, I don't think you'd ever notice the wear, especially if you rotate the tires regularly. Anyone know why these cars run toe out in the rear?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Did you pay for that? If so, go ask for your money back. They could have driven it off and back on the pad and it would change that much. They didn't adjust anything. Tire Rack will put in on the pad and check it for free and only charge you if you want changes.
It is just a marketing tool. Most people will want something done. Oh, while checking your alignment, we noticed your brake pads are low, your tire is nearly at minimum, your ball joints are loose and bushings in the steering linkage are worn. I don't trust anyone that wants to give me something for free; they have a motive.

artisticcheese

Hasn't posted much yet...

Though the .5 deg extra FR neg. camber and the rear toe are near the limit, I don't think you'd ever notice the wear, especially if you rotate the tires regularly. Anyone know why these cars run toe out in the rear?
I did not pay for since I have lifetime wheel alighment I purchased before. There are some minor changes between before and after so I can not really say nothing was done and that's why I asked if it's ok or not. So based on what is being shown you feel nothing was done?

Crimson

Registered Member
Georgia, US
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
It is just a marketing tool. Most people will want something done. Oh, while checking your alignment, we noticed your brake pads are low, your tire is nearly at minimum, your ball joints are loose and bushings in the steering linkage are worn. I don't trust anyone that wants to give me something for free; they have a motive.
I must confess, my dealer tried a lot of upsell while I was in for warranty work and an oil change including tires & brakes, and an alignment. Dealer charges $99 for alignment, which isn't bad. But tire markup is huge, and I didnt even ask about the brakes, other than, nope brakes are fine.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.