Is it possible to get not smart "normal" cruise control?

dadgonebroke

Hasn't posted much yet...
I've watched YouTube videos 'til I'm blue in the face but I can't find out how to not have smart cruise- just normal car cruise control that doesn't distance me from cars in front of me. Is there such a thing on our GV80's?

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
On my 2018 G80, you hold the range button down while the cruise is activated but not engaged, and it toggles between smart cruise and normal cruise. That said, looking at the owner's manuals it looks like starting in 2021 or 2022, that option is no longer there.

2021GCSGV80

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I've watched YouTube videos 'til I'm blue in the face but I can't find out how to not have smart cruise- just normal car cruise control that doesn't distance me from cars in front of me. Is there such a thing on our GV80's?
You can turn off lane keeping assist here is a video

Vince_K

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Purely out of curiosity, why do you want to turn that feature off? I have not seen a setting that does that, but I certainly could have missed it.

Back in the days of old 'dumb' cruise control, the only time I'd ever use that would be for stretches of open road with no cars at all in front. 'smart' cruise control would behave the same in that situation. Smart cruise will definitely save you from rear ending someone / something.

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
One annoyance with smart cruise is that it will apply the brakes when going downhill. Often, I would be okay with the speed going up by a few miles per hours while going downhill. Still, I do pretty much always leave mine in smart mode, now that I am used to it.

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
You can turn off lane keeping assist here is a video

IIRC, if you hold the cruise button in for several seconds it will enable standard cruise, though I’ve never done it. Repeating the procedure returns the system to adaptive cruise.

2021GCSGV80

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
IIRC, if you hold the cruise button in for several seconds it will enable standard cruise, though I’ve never done it. Repeating the procedure returns the system to adaptive cruise.
Actually if you hold the mode button (there is no cruise button) for several seconds it turns on Speed Limiting not standard cruise in the GV80.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Got Pipe

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern Utah
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Purely out of curiosity, why do you want to turn that feature off? I have not seen a setting that does that, but I certainly could have missed it.

Back in the days of old 'dumb' cruise control, the only time I'd ever use that would be for stretches of open road with no cars at all in front. 'smart' cruise control would behave the same in that situation. Smart cruise will definitely save you from rear ending someone / something.
Some people like open stretches of road that they may need to change a lane when coming up on a tractor trailer but want to let someone going faster pass before they change lanes.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Some people like open stretches of road that they may need to change a lane when coming up on a tractor trailer but want to let someone going faster pass before they change lanes.
I just hit cancel and then resume.

Got Pipe

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern Utah
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
After reading what I wrote, I sound like an A hole. Not intended. I just meant sometimes I'll keep the 80mph going closer to a semi if the car passing is going quicker than I am! Sorry again

2021GCSGV80

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
If you have on lane keeping assist it will slow you down behind the car in front and you decide when you pass them without having to brake or turn off cruise.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners