Is the Genesis Service Experience as good as advertised?

MysticalJet

Registered Member
RTP, NC
Seems too good to b true at the price point. Just curious of everyones experience? Is it standard across Genesis or is there variability between dealers? Please post your experience here.

MysticalJet

Registered Member
RTP, NC
Thanks, saw this and read through a few posts. Seems these are specific to a dealership or issue. Guess was looking more for an overall - i.e. is there a standard that is shared and felt across dealerships. Maybe it's further in the list of threads.

Last edited:

MysticalJet

Registered Member
RTP, NC
I am Canadian, my experience has been excellent so far. I haven't any service done yet though. If you want to know about anything specific, feel free to ask
Valet service - pick up drop off. Complimentary maintenance service. Do they take care of you or is it a pain to get sheduled, wait time, etc.? Feel like an upscale service? Seems like some of the dealerships around me are shared with the hyundai centers which are more basic centers.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

MysticalJet

Registered Member
RTP, NC
I don’t think (and I could be wrong) we have any members that have used all the dealerships. So you are going to get anecdotal responses about particular dealerships. Since I don’t think you are going to be going to all Genesis dealerships either why don’t you ask a more specific question about a specific dealer.
Allright, we'll try that route although I think there will be even fewer responses. Looking more specifically for Genesis Raleigh or Genesis Cary in North Carolina.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Seems too good to b true at the price point. Just curious of everyones experience? Is it standard across Genesis or is there variability between dealers? Please post your experience here.
Some have been excellent, others not so much. There are still some growing pains with the brand. Pick a brand of automobiles and you will find good and bad stories on all of their dealers.

If you have a specific dealer in mind, check them out. My experience in CT or FL probably has little to do with your area.

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
Check out the Service area to see how clean it is. Back in early 1992, I had to deliver some parts to an Infiniti dealer in Rochester NY. (Infiniti & Lexus we’re only introduced in 1989). Their service area was IMMACULATE. Spotless. You could eat off the floor.

If or when Genesis gets their own stand alone dealerships, I wonder what their service areas will look like. At the moment, all Genesis dealers in my area of Florida are
really Hyundai dealers that also sell Genesis.

(My Mercedes Dealer also had a very clean service area). (No longer have that E350).

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Check out the Service area to see how clean it is. Back in early 1992, I had to deliver some parts to an Infiniti dealer in Rochester NY. (Infiniti & Lexus we’re only introduced in 1989). Their service area was IMMACULATE. Spotless. You could eat off the floor.

If or when Genesis gets their own stand alone dealerships, I wonder what their service areas will look like. At the moment, all Genesis dealers in my area of Florida are
really Hyundai dealers that also sell Genesis.

(My Mercedes Dealer also had a very clean service area). (No longer have that E350).
Cleanliness is usually a good sign of proper processes and protocols being in place. Effective management and good training. Or the janitor could just be the best worker there.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
OP I encourage you to read this thread about the Genesis Service Experience.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Read my thread "driver seat issues and dealership woes"...

Probably isolated, but more frequent than established luxury brands is my guess. Until Genesis gets stand alone dealerships and the dealerships fully embrace the Genesis business model, there will likely be less than stellar experiences.

From now on I will be scheduling dealership service appointments via the Genesis customer care line at their recommendation.

MysticalJet

Registered Member
RTP, NC
Read my thread "driver seat issues and dealership woes"...

Probably isolated, but more frequent than established luxury brands is my guess. Until Genesis gets stand alone dealerships and the dealerships fully embrace the Genesis business model, there will likely be less than stellar experiences.

From now on I will be scheduling dealership service appointments via the Genesis customer care line at their recommendation.
good to know and hopefully you get better service going that route. thanks for posting.

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
A few years ago, I purchased a two year old Mercedes E350 from the Daytona Beach Mercedes Dealer. I had a problem programming my garage door opener and also one of my key fobs needed a battery. Phoned salesman and he drove the 60 or 70 miles to my house. He programmed the garage door opener and changed the batteries in both my key fobs.

That’s service.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I guess this is one negative associated with buying a "value" luxury car... hopefully these dealership issues are just growing pains.

huyluong

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Amazing so far, and I haven't even bought the car yet. Though I typically think this is dependent on the dealership itself, rather than the brand. Though the brand does tend to have an effect on how the dealership 'should' be run.

SirFrederick

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine has been top notch (In Canada). My GXM has come out to my workplace to pick up my car and leave me a loaner G70. After the service is done he's brought it back. That's about as hassle free as it gets. Quick replies to texts and emails as well.