Is there way to play songs from iphone via car's bluetooth function?

Thread starter #1

landarcht

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Is the built in Bluetooth setting of car used only for phone calls? Anyway to listen to phones in my iphone through car's sound system?

bobferg2

Registered Member
Your car cano play your iPhone music via Bluetooth streaming. I'm not sure how your iPhone can play "phones," though. Huh?!
I have an 2013 Equus Ult. I connected my iPhone 6s+ via USB to the cigarette lighter for power, and since I had an earphone hole connection near the lighting charging receptacle on the phone, I connected the phone to the round hole on the iPod connection section in my console. Turned on my iPhone, punched iPod/DVD switch on console, and my monitor showed the iPod menu and it played my iPhone's tunes.

FloridaGuy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
landarcht, It looks like you have a 2013. I don't think the A2DP bluetooth was added until the 2014 Blue Link. Could be wrong on that.

The earlier EQUUS cars (2011+) in the USA only allowed phone audio via bluetooth. You are not able to directly stream audio media via bluetooth for these cars.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.