Issues/problems with the G70

devellis

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thread starter #1
We've had a couple of reports here of some QC issues on the new cars. One was a headliner making a clicking noise and the other was the cruise control behaving erratically. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to have a dedicated, centralized thread where people can report any issues that crop up and the progress toward the resolution of those issues. It would be very helpful to other owners and to potential buyers to have a single place to look for any issues that are appearing and to determine what ended up being done to resolve them. If Genesis monitors the forum, it might also be useful to them to monitor potential issues and potentially correct them before cars are sold, if they are recurring issues. They might also be able to notify service centers about the issues and tell them what fixes have been found to work.

Perhaps the people who posted about the roof liner and cruise control problems can re-post here. In the meantime, here are links to those threads:

cruise control

headliner

Edmguy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have an issue of this stupid thing popping out after every single drive not even sure what its for but its really annoying
That is the cover for where the tow hook attaches to. I haven't noticed mine loose but will check.

You could always be like those guys (idiots imo) that just leave a tow hook attached all the time for daily driving lol :rolleyes:

As we end up with more owners, I am sure a specific sub forum for issues/problems with the car will become important. Hopefully it doesn't get too much traffic...

R.K.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That is the cover for where the tow hook attaches to. I haven't noticed mine loose but will check.

You could always be like those guys (idiots imo) that just leave a tow hook attached all the time for daily driving lol :rolleyes:

As we end up with more owners, I am sure a specific sub forum for issues/problems with the car will become important. Hopefully it doesn't get too much traffic...
Let's hope it doesn't become the Jaguar forums. Nothing but quality issues as far as the eye can see.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hmmm... I see that on the build section of the site now, but don't recall it when paying for the car online or giving the deposit. Wonder if that was a newer add on. I also don't recall having it mentioned to me. Anyone know if you can add that at anytime before your warranty expires?

Also had I seen the accessories I would have purchased the winter mats. Hopefully they end up available at the boutique store.

R.K.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hmmm... I see that on the build section of the site now, but don't recall it when paying for the car online or giving the deposit. Wonder if that was a newer add on. I also don't recall having it mentioned to me. Anyone know if you can add that at anytime before your warranty expires?

Also had I seen the accessories I would have purchased the winter mats. Hopefully they end up available at the boutique store.
Winter mats are a new addition to the site for sure - showed up about a week ago.

devellis

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thread starter #8
I forget what thread it was in, but another issue I remember being mentioned was that the chrome trim along the top of the front door didn't align perfectly with the trim adjacent to it. As I recall, it wasn't an issue on most cars but did appear on more than one. So maybe that should be tracked as an issue, as well.

NOTE: AS EDMGUY POINTS OUT BELOW, THIS ISSUE WAS ACTUALLY WITH THE G80 NOT THE G70. THANKS TO EDMGUY FOR SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT.

Last edited:

Edmguy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I forget what thread it was in, but another issue I remember being mentioned was that the chrome trim along the top of the front door didn't align perfectly with the trim adjacent to it. As I recall, it wasn't an issue on most cars but did appear on more than one. So maybe that should be tracked as an issue, as well.
I think that was on a G80. It was in the G70 forum because the guy was posting showing his tint in a thread about tint.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I'm wondering if it would be helpful to have a dedicated, centralized thread where people can report any issues that crop up and the progress toward the resolution of those issues.
I have no intention of buying a G70, so my opinion doesn't really count, but having been on this forum for more than 9 years, I think it is better to keep each problem to a separate thread. Otherwise the threads get too large and unwieldy. These problems will likely be discussed for years.

The problem is that thread titles are often not very good. For best results the thread title should include the model (G70) and a brief but clear description of the problem (no "teaser" threads such as "Anyone had this problem?"). Most people read stuff based on "New Posts" and not on which sub-forum it is in (G70, G80, etc).

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...

devellis

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thread starter #17
Yeah, probably unrelated. But it isn't factory-specific or model-specific, which suggests that supplied parts, which are common across Kia and Hyundai in some cases, could be at issue. If Kia/Hyundai source parts for the Genesis from the same supplier, there might be some relevance to the G70 but we certainly don't know that to be the case. And it seems pretty likely that Korea-built models would use different suppliers than US-built models. And the problem was apparently only evident on 2011 to 2014 models. And if the issue has arisen 349 times, as the article indicates, I suspect that Kia/Hyundai would have looked into it by now.

It's something worth being aware of but seems only tangentially relevant to the G70, at best.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
it may relate because as devellies has said, there could be (i am sure there are) common parts/components used across kai/hyundai/genesis models.
On 2011 to 2014 models. There was no G70 back then so why stir up people for no reason?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.