It’s the little things

GenXGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
The GV70 is an all around great vehicle, but there are some little things that leave you scratching your head. Day light savings time not automatically adjusted and tonight I noticed the infotainment screen had one outside temperature while the instrument cluster had another…really??? 🤔🤔🤔 These are things we’ve just come to expect to work, and when they don’t, it really is puzzling.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The GV70 is an all around great vehicle, but there are some little things that leave you scratching your head. Day light savings time not automatically adjusted and tonight I noticed the infotainment screen had one outside temperature while the instrument cluster had another…really??? 🤔🤔🤔 These are things we’ve just come to expect to work, and when they don’t, it really is puzzling.
Different sources? The one on the dash is usually from a sensor on the car. The infotainment my be getting it from a broadcast weather source.

KDav

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Different sources? The one on the dash is usually from a sensor on the car. The infotainment my be getting it from a broadcast weather source.
I'm with Ed. These differences are for obvious reasons. Can't disagree with the daylight saving issue...

G3NES1S

Registered Member
not an excuse but I'm guessing it has something to do with perhaps south korea not observing day light savings. nor most of asia for that matter. easy to see how they'd overlook that. out of sight, kinda out of mind.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
not an excuse but I'm guessing it has something to do with perhaps south korea not observing day light savings. nor most of asia for that matter. easy to see how they'd overlook that. out of sight, kinda out of mind.
Also. Europe is on a different schedule. Those cars would need a different program. March 28 and Oct 31.

GenXGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Also. Europe is on a different schedule. Those cars would need a different program. March 28 and Oct 31.
Other manufactures are able to handle day light savings time seamlessly and showing two different temperatures makes no sense at all; pick one to display. Just odd considering all the cool things they got right. All cars have their quirks though, and these aren’t major.

amazonman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Other manufactures are able to handle day light savings time seamlessly and showing two different temperatures makes no sense at all; pick one to display. Just odd considering all the cool things they got right. All cars have their quirks though, and these aren’t major.
I certainly prefer to know both the actual temperature outside and the temperature that is being reported by a weather station. My condolences to you for your OCD.

John M

It's just a Hyundai...
Milledgeville, GA
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Not all places observe DST, and that list changes all the time.

Brice

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Daylight saving time might be going away in a lot of states that are looking at doing away with it. I noticed the dual temperature readings when I first got the car. My wife and I just refer to it as the exterior temperature on my side and her side:p as I have realized as EdP stated one is the exterior of the vehicle and the other is a source for the area you are in.

blue92lx

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
This is exactly it. The dash shows the sensor temperature and if you look at the infotainment temperature at the bottom it says Vaisala which is a global weather provider. I've definitely noticed it's not super accurate, but what weather provider is? The other day there wasn't a blue spot visible in the sky but the home screen was blue and sunny. Made me laugh.

ultra63

Been here awhile...
FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
disappointed that they went cheap on only having exterior lock/unlock for the front doors.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
disappointed that they went cheap on only having exterior lock/unlock for the front doors.
There has been a couple of times it would have been handy but I just got used to touching the front button. Obviously, there is a cost to do four doors. How much more would you be willing to pay to have that feature included?

ultra63

Been here awhile...
FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Lexus & Audi include them. Probably cheaper than folding mirrors.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Lexus & Audi include them. Probably cheaper than folding mirrors.
But that does not answer the question. People often bring up a feature other cars have and would like to have it on the Genesis. Fine, but there is a cost. If it was a $50 option would you get it? $100? $200?

If you add every feature everyone here asked for it would easily be another few thousand on the sticker.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

drjsg

Registered Member
SE Pa
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Would like to see option for time for headlights off after turning off car. Only choice is 15 sec.

amazonman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
But that does not answer the question. People often bring up a feature other cars have and would like to have it on the Genesis. Fine, but there is a cost. If it was a $50 option would you get it? $100? $200?

If you add every feature everyone here asked for it would easily be another few thousand on the sticker.
200. It should at the very least be an option on the car. I have the base 2.5 gv70 standard, and would not expect it on that model (no folding mirrors or even memory seats, on the standard either). To not include it on a loaded 64k car is absurd, not having it as an option is even worse.

amazonman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I hate the fact it doesn’t have an automated nut Fluffer, and the fact ot can’t open the door for me when I expect to get out….it’s f$%king ridiculous.
It's OK to criticize a vehicle you purchased. It really is. Genesis like all other automakers makes mistakes.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners