It’s the little things

G3NES1S

Registered Member
Again you missed the point. I dont care if you personally used the heated seats. Some folks never need to use them, yet they are included standard. Rear heated seats are an option - most will never use them. Yet they are there. XM radio is an option. I will never use it, yet its there. Digital key is an option - I dont need or want it. Yet its there. Sunroof is an option, I dont need one, yet its there. Folding mirrors are an option, I dont need one, yet its there. Same with memory seats, ventilated seats, 21" tires, 360 camera, etc etc. Let me know if you need me to continue. The fact that you cannot comprehend that evidences some sort of cognitive decline. Get yourself tested.
with all the features of the genesis that you WONT use, begs the question - why in the world did you buy this car? sounds like you would've been perfectly happy with a geo metro :ROFLMAO:

amazonman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
with all the features of the genesis that you WONT use, begs the question - why in the world did you buy this car? sounds like you would've been perfectly happy with a geo metro :ROFLMAO:
That is why I bought the 2.5 base standard. Again you, like Ed completely missed my point - time for you to reread the thread. Reading comprehension is not your strong point. All cars have features that some buyers dont want. The fact that Ed has no use for rear door sensors does not mean that others dont want them.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
That is why I bought the 2.5 base standard. Again you, like Ed completely missed my point - time for you to reread the thread. Reading comprehension is not your strong point. All cars have features that some buyers dont want. The fact that Ed has no use for rear door sensors does not mean that others dont want them.
You also have reading comprehension problems. Nowhere did I say you can't want them. The features others deem "missing" are also cost factors that make the Genesis overall attractive when compared to other makes. Instead of a GV70 you could have is all in a Mercedes S class.

Then you had to resort to personal attacks to allegedly make your point since you could not get the message straight.

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Easy folks, no need for hostility. It's okay to agree to disagree.

amazonman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
You also have reading comprehension problems. Nowhere did I say you can't want them. The features others deem "missing" are also cost factors that make the Genesis overall attractive when compared to other makes. Instead of a GV70 you could have is all in a Mercedes S class.

Then you had to resort to personal attacks to allegedly make your point since you could not get the message straight.
Again senile Ed is missing the point. There are other features in this car that they could have removed for cost-saving features like heated rear seats for example. Yet they include them anyways. The owners are simply lamenting that they would like to have the door sensor. It should be available at least as an option on a car that costs 65k. No one cares that you don't want or need that specific feature we don't want or need some features that you deem necessary. That doesn't mean that Genesis shouldn't include those specific functions.

Dee-Genesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Heated rear seats is a feature that used in my cars and many others that I know. When the seats get cold it isn't just the driver or front passenger seats that does. That seem to be more of a universal feature of cars these days. Probably cheaper to produce and I'd probably think the same for the rear seats since a lot of cars are doing it these days as well.
As for luxury, this vehicle has plenty of it and it is right up there with the best of them and for cheaper than its direct competitors as well. Sure there are going to be some features that gets left out usually for cost otherwise we'd be paying 10-15K more and then be complaining about something else that's missing on that too (but that's for another time). Nonetheless, we can't deny the GV70 is an amazing vehicle.

amazonman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Yet you continue to denigrate and embarrass yourself with personal comments.
Thank you, you embarrass yourself by suggesting the lack of rear sensors is a safety feature and the lack of auto DST is intentional to placate a future owner in 10 years. Absurd.

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thank you, you embarrass yourself by suggesting the lack of rear sensors is a safety feature and the lack of auto DST is intentional to placate a future owner in 10 years. Absurd.
I think that you have made your point, a few times over at least. I happen to agree with you on that point, but I completely disagree with making this personal and insulting someone that you don't even know. That is uncalled for. We should have at least some respect for each others view points. We can disagree without hating or insulting, and just leave it at disagreeing.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Sorry about your reading comprehension. It was about software update for things like DST, not rear door sensors.

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
boy this post sure went south in a hurry.

All I can say is I enjoy the 2015 Genesis Ultimate sedan luxury features, flaws and all. One of the best cars ever and the newest models are even better.

amazonman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Sorry about your reading comprehension. It was about software update for things like DST, not rear door sensors.
Once again missed my point. Two separate issues. Both with absurd explanations on your part. I understand that you have memory difficulties. Do you need me to link to the other thread where you support the notion that the lack of rear sensors are a safety feature? I understand you are a genesis fan grand dad and they can do no wrong. Its ok to have issues with a car.
You must gave forgotten this. Read a few posts up for context.
Ed's absurd theories. 1 - No rear door sensors are safety issues. 2- No auto DST because of a possible change to DST observance and a worry for a used car buyer in 10 years who may at some point buy a new car. LOL

Last edited:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Ed's absurd theories. 1 - No rear door sensors are safety issues. 2- No auto DST because of a possible change to DST observance and a worry for a used car buyer in 10 years who may at some point buy a new car. LOL
There are Federal regulations that require car makers to support that 10 year old car so yes, it is a consideration.

Just because some does not agree with you does not make it absurd.

amazonman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
There are Federal regulations that require car makers to support that 10 year old car so yes, it is a consideration.

Just because some does not agree with you does not make it absurd.
Wow, federal regulations about the clock dst? 10k via paypal if you can show me this. Assuming arguendo that this new insane rationalization of yours is true, and that there IS a federal regulation that would apply to supporting the time/dst, why would it not apply to the car today? You know for the new owner that paid 65k. Your defenses for Genesis get nuttier by the post. Wow just wow.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Wow, federal regulations about the clock dst? 10k via paypal if you can show me this. Assuming arguendo that this new insane rationalization of yours is true, and that there IS a federal regulation that would apply to supporting the time/dst, why would it not apply to the car today? You know for the new owner that paid 65k. Your defenses for Genesis get nuttier by the post. Wow just wow.
Did I say DST? No, you made that up. They do, however, have to support a car for 10 years. That includes the electronics.

Don't worry, you'll understand all of this when you grow up.

amazonman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Did I say DST? No, you made that up. They do, however, have to support a car for 10 years. That includes the electronics.

Don't worry, you'll understand all of this when you grow up.
We are discussing dst. At this point you must either be jesting or clinically insane. What relevance is a random federal regulation to our discussion of DST?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
We are discussing dst. At this point you must either be jesting or clinically insane. What relevance is a random federal regulation to our discussion of DST?
Nothing random. Many regulations are on the books on how to build a car and it parts. It is part of the electronics that has to be supported for ten years. If the government changes regulations, as they have in the past, Genesis would have to make it available. It all comes together when you understand how it works. There are benefits to simplicity.

amazonman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Nothing random. Many regulations are on the books on how to build a car and it parts. It is part of the electronics that has to be supported for ten years. If the government changes regulations, as they have in the past, Genesis would have to make it available. It all comes together when you understand how it works. There are benefits to simplicity.
An auto DST feature would not have to be supported for 10 years. You are now simply lying. Stop it. Again, I will send you 10k via paypal if you show me such a regulation. I already asked you to explain the logic of the requirement to support DST 10 years from now but not today. You are clinically insane. You make no logical sense. We will keep doing this. I enjoy it. So please respond with more nonsense.

dckimmd

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Against my better judgement, I think I'll wade into these swirling waters.

I think what may be going on (I'm no expert in the field) with Genesis with this car in particular is this:
Genesis may be wanting to get this car out there to be competitive in the luxury SUV segment and be lower in cost than the competition.
By offering a lot of the "luxury standards" and limiting certain other features, they may be trying to keep costs down.
If you notice, you don't get many options when you build your vehicle. Choose the transmission, choose the colors, choose the trim line. That's it.

I imagine this keeps costs down on their end and on ours. And this allows them to churn out vehicles quickly and have them on the lots (although the recent supply issues eventually squashed this plan).
When Lexus came out with the RX model many years ago, they did the exact same thing. Every car built and shipped was the Premium line. They could ship out cars in various colors and had them all on lots. You want an RX? What color do you want? No waiting 3 months to have it built and shipped on a cargo ship.
I imagine the grand plan is to eventually start offering individual options/packages in the future once they've penetrated the market.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners