EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
An auto DST feature would not have to be supported for 10 years. You are now simply lying. Stop it. Again, I will send you 10k via paypal if you show me such a regulation. I already asked you to explain the logic of the requirement to support DST 10 years from now but not today. You are clinically insane. You make no logical sense. We will keep doing this. I enjoy it. So please respond with more nonsense.
I'm truly flattered that you are following me around. I know you have reading comprehension problems and perhaps one of your high school teachers can assist you with it. Like not extrapolating things not said, such as supporting DST for ten years that was never said. There is a difference that you can see with a bit of effort.

It is unfair that I spend so much time with you when there are others to interact with so I will refrain from answering your silly taunts with unfounded things you don't understand yet. You have to be a big picture guy to see it. Much as I enjoyed your silly games, it is unfair that the two of us dominate the forum when others have much to contribute too.
Bye Bye, I'm sure you will interpret this as a win but everyone else sees reality.

ultra63

Been here awhile...
FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Against my better judgement, I think I'll wade into these swirling waters.

I think what may be going on (I'm no expert in the field) with Genesis with this car in particular is this:
Genesis may be wanting to get this car out there to be competitive in the luxury SUV segment and be lower in cost than the competition.
By offering a lot of the "luxury standards" and limiting certain other features, they may be trying to keep costs down.
If you notice, you don't get many options when you build your vehicle. Choose the transmission, choose the colors, choose the trim line. That's it.

I imagine this keeps costs down on their end and on ours. And this allows them to churn out vehicles quickly and have them on the lots (although the recent supply issues eventually squashed this plan).
When Lexus came out with the RX model many years ago, they did the exact same thing. Every car built and shipped was the Premium line. They could ship out cars in various colors and had them all on lots. You want an RX? What color do you want? No waiting 3 months to have it built and shipped on a cargo ship.
I imagine the grand plan is to eventually start offering individual options/packages in the future once they've penetrated the market.
Even though the RX dominates the market Lexus has not encouraged custom builds unlike the German makers

amazonman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I'm truly flattered that you are following me around. I know you have reading comprehension problems and perhaps one of your high school teachers can assist you with it. Like not extrapolating things not said, such as supporting DST for ten years that was never said. There is a difference that you can see with a bit of effort.

It is unfair that I spend so much time with you when there are others to interact with so I will refrain from answering your silly taunts with unfounded things you don't understand yet. You have to be a big picture guy to see it. Much as I enjoyed your silly games, it is unfair that the two of us dominate the forum when others have much to contribute too.
Bye Bye, I'm sure you will interpret this as a win but everyone else sees reality.
You don't have the self-restraint to not respond. But who knows tomorrow you might forget that this discussion even occurred. Again look back at your absurd reasoning for missing features or functions and ask yourself whether anyone with an IQ over 80 would come to the same conclusion.

spiritamokk

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
What really grinds my gears is the fact that Genesis decided not to install simplest feature like Heads Up display in the 2.5T top trim. Also half ass digital/analog gauge cluster is ALL you get unless you go with the most expensive build Sport Prestige at 64K.

Jango

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
What really grinds my gears is the fact that Genesis decided not to install simplest feature like Heads Up display in the 2.5T top trim. Also half ass digital/analog gauge cluster is ALL you get unless you go with the most expensive build Spo
I had the same issue when purchasing my 2021 GV80. However, on it you could get the HUD on the Advanced package with the V6 or with the Prestige. I went with the Advanced. It has the digital/analog gauges and I like them. I rarely need to look at the gauges because I have the HUD so having full digital is not important to me. Note: I think the 2022 GV80 Prestige 4 has the full digital gauges now.

Last edited:

Danielpaw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
E
What really grinds my gears is the fact that Genesis decided not to install simplest feature like Heads Up display in the 2.5T top trim. Also half ass digital/analog gauge cluster is ALL you get unless you go with the most expensive build Sport Prestige at 64K.
Except for the fact that genesis indeed builds it into cars, just not in the North American market. People here only go with packages, or buy cars off the lot, preconfigured by the dealer. In most other countries you built your car to order and can choose extras.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

spiritamokk

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
E

Except for the fact that genesis indeed builds it into cars, just not in the North American market. People here only go with packages, or buy cars off the lot, preconfigured by the dealer. In most other countries you built your car to order and can choose extras.
Biggest car market in the world is treated like third world country smh..

Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners