• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

I've been running this community for almost 10 years. The time has come...

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I've been running this community since the beginning of 2003. It's been almost ten years now. A lot has changed since the beginning. Many highs and lows. Overall, the site remains a place were millions of people come to get answers to questions about their Genesis. In many cases people don't even need to sign up and ask questions anymore. So many answers are already provided and all people need to do is ask their question in Google, click a link, find their answer, and be on their way.

It's been a mix of hard work, sleepless nights, and fun for me. There are times when I actually spend a full day here going through messages to make sure the place stays clean and of a friendly, healthy environment. And then there's the "customer service". It's not so much that anybody here is a "customer" of mine - but I do provide support on a daily basis - consistently.

"I never received my registration verification email"
"How do I post a new topic?"
"I forgot my username or password"

Not to mention dealing with ever-increasing amounts of spam, discussions posted in the wrong area, software updates, server updates, and various server security issues. It's actually somewhat of a job for me. But it's a job I enjoy doing...

One of the things I'm not happy about is the amount of advertisements placed around the pages. It was never intended to be this way. This is not what I had envisioned on our first day online, March 25th, 2003. But the "ads" have consistently paid less and less over the years - creating a need for "more" to increase the badly needed revenue. Not only that, but member support hasn't been this low in years...

When all is said and done, most months are good. These days I have more months where I actually keep a couple hundred in my pocket as opposed to those where I need to fund the site myself. But something needs to change. I browse the site with every single ad in view. I do this because I need to see exactly what our "guests" see.

I do not like what I see...

We don't have a single direct advertiser. I'm not sure why but nobody cares to advertise. I really don't have the free time to go looking for direct advertisers - and I don't have the funds to hire somebody to do the same. So I rely on two things:

1. Banner ad revenue
2. Member support

What I'm doing here today is humbly asking our members to help support this community. If I can get enough consistent support I can remove some of these ads that are driving me, and perhaps others, a little crazy. Without them, I cannot continue to run the community. With a little help from those of you who can spare support funds, I'd love to clean up these pages for everyone - including people just stopping in for a quick answer - never to return again.

There are several opportunities that'll help me continue to help you and everyone else:

1. Supporting Member - For $5 per month you can remove all the network advertisements

2. Sustaining Member - For $20.00 per year you can remove all but two advertisements on any given page

3. Authorized Vendor - For $10.00 per month a vendor can advertise their products and/or services to our entire audience. If you see people selling here without a Vendor badge, maybe you can remind them that we need their support. I'm not greedy. There are forums out there charging vendors $400 per month. I'm humbly asking $10

If you'd like to help me out, please see the following web page:
https://genesisowners.com/genesis-forum/account/upgrades

Thank you very much for your consideration...

Sincerely,

Sal Colascione III
The Genesis Owners Group

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Since you asked . . .
It is also possible to sign up and pay for 6 months at a time
It is a good group and very informative. I started just visiting, then joined, then became a sustaining member. Just sight up as a supporting member. Come on guys, at least do a little something, it is really good value for the information you can get here.
Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate your contribution... :) And, yes - you can get a little discount by signing up for extended periods of time. Anything helps these days... Thanks again!

Genny Sweet 16

Hasn't posted much yet...
North Idaho
I just joined today. ;) NO IDEA PREVIOUSLY THIS SITE EXISTED. Just stumbled across it. I'm loving it! Hell Ya!! I'll support it. I've owned my Genny now for almost a year and a half. I'll send $100.00 for a life membership and a couple badges. If not maybe I'll just do the 6 month thing and order badges & valve caps later on.

:p:androidrules::rolleyes:

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Paul

Jacksonville, Fl.
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I just sent money at the sustaining member rate, but only because I didn't know how to donate more. On your donation page, can you include something where members can choose a dollar amount that they would like to donate?
This has proven to be an invaluable resource that is well worth a donation.

Thanks for what you do.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

jsmit86

Registered Member
Elgin, IL
I've been running this community since the beginning of 2003. It's been almost ten years now. A lot has changed since the beginning. Many highs and lows. Overall, the site remains a place were millions of people come to get answers to questions about their Genesis. In many cases people don't even need to sign up and ask questions anymore. So many answers are already provided and all people need to do is ask their question in Google, click a link, find their answer, and be on their way.

It's been a mix of hard work, sleepless nights, and fun for me. There are times when I actually spend a full day here going through messages to make sure the place stays clean and of a friendly, healthy environment. And then there's the "customer service". It's not so much that anybody here is a "customer" of mine - but I do provide support on a daily basis - consistently.

"I never received my registration verification email"
"How do I post a new topic?"
"I forgot my username or password"

Not to mention dealing with ever-increasing amounts of spam, discussions posted in the wrong area, software updates, server updates, and various server security issues. It's actually somewhat of a job for me. But it's a job I enjoy doing...

One of the things I'm not happy about is the amount of advertisements placed around the pages. It was never intended to be this way. This is not what I had envisioned on our first day online, March 25th, 2003. But the "ads" have consistently paid less and less over the years - creating a need for "more" to increase the badly needed revenue. Not only that, but member support hasn't been this low in years...

When all is said and done, most months are good. These days I have more months where I actually keep a couple hundred in my pocket as opposed to those where I need to fund the site myself. But something needs to change. I browse the site with every single ad in view. I do this because I need to see exactly what our "guests" see.

I do not like what I see...

We don't have a single direct advertiser. I'm not sure why but nobody cares to advertise. I really don't have the free time to go looking for direct advertisers - and I don't have the funds to hire somebody to do the same. So I rely on two things:

1. Banner ad revenue
2. Member support

What I'm doing here today is humbly asking our members to help support this community. If I can get enough consistent support I can remove some of these ads that are driving me, and perhaps others, a little crazy. Without them, I cannot continue to run the community. With a little help from those of you who can spare support funds, I'd love to clean up these pages for everyone - including people just stopping in for a quick answer - never to return again.

There are several opportunities that'll help me continue to help you and everyone else:

1. Supporting Member - For $5 per month you can remove all the network advertisements

2. Sustaining Member - For $20.00 per year you can remove all but two advertisements on any given page

3. Authorized Vendor - For $10.00 per month a vendor can advertise their products and/or services to our entire audience. If you see people selling here without a Vendor badge, maybe you can remind them that we need their support. I'm not greedy. There are forums out there charging vendors $400 per month. I'm humbly asking $10

If you'd like to help me out, please see the following web page:
https://genesisowners.com/genesis-forum/account/upgrades

Thank you very much for your consideration...

Sincerely,

Sal Colascione III
The Genesis Owners Group
Sal - These are non-recurring?
I will be happy to donate, but I don't do recurring billings.

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Sal - These are non-recurring?
I will be happy to donate, but I don't do recurring billings.
Yes, sir - here is a non-recurring option. Thank you very much for considering sending support. If you choose the "Yacht" option, I'll make a special Yacht user group for you. :p

Help me to keep helping you... - Genesis Owners

Ed, Great point and I couldn't agree more.
Thank you very much for your support, @Paul! It is much needed and greatly appreciated...

sgrenald

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Savannah
Genesis Model Type
I'm going to piggyback on your post.

There will always be some come and go that join, make a post or two and are never seen again. Life is like that. OTOH, if you are going to hang around and use the resources, chip in a little. If you can afford to drive a Genesis, you can afford to participate and help defray the cost.
I may be one of those who drifts away once I get my Genesis. But I got enough info in the first few days here to help me make an informed choice and I dropped $20.

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
I may be one of those who drifts away once I get my Genesis. But I got enough info in the first few days here to help me make an informed choice and I dropped $20.
Thank you very much for your contribution! It is greatly appreciated - and I'm happy to keep this place running smoothly... :)

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums