• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

JB4 Help

JLAMBAwdG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys, I just bought a 3.3 AWD G70, and it will arrive at the dealership on Monday or Tuesday. While I wait for the car to get here, I thought it'd be the perfect time to buy a JB4, as well as everything I would need in order for the JB4 to work correctly. I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to cars, and even less knowledgeable about tuning. So besides buying the $500 JB4 for my G70, what else do I need to buy to make it work? I am less worried about the cost of all of it, and would rather spend more if that is going to make the JB4 work better. If yall can help me with a checklist of items I would greatly appreciate it so I can have most of what I'm going to need by the time the car gets here. Thank yall!

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Get fuel wires, the Bluetooth hardware and the app and you're set.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Fuel wires? Talk to me like a child.
They allow the jb4 to adjust air fuel ratio. They aren't required but you will make more power with them. You can order them on the burger tuning site along with the jb4.

ssgm1x

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just picked up a 2022 Launch edition G70. First mod was a JB4. Next mod will be to install colder plugs and turn up the boost. I did a few WOT pulls but am unable to decypher ther datalogs. I can read datalogs but i just dont quite understand how JB4 datalogs are read. Like.....I dont understand why my timing ign1 says 14 but ign2, ign3, ign4, all say zero.
Will post Datazap here if anyone can help me understand this log. THX !!!!

Datalog attached below
BTW its the last pull in datalog....

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ign 1 is total timing, 2-6 are timing reduction, which you basically have none to very little in the log. In other words, looks great and your fuel is good.

ssgm1x

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ign 1 is total timing, 2-6 are timing reduction, which you basically have none to very little in the log. In other words, looks great and your fuel is good.
Thanks a bunch. I changed FUA to 1 so that I can now read Raw Timing across all cylinders. I am still on stock plugs running Map 2 with no issues so far. Also, how do I monitor Wastegate Duty Cycle because WGDC does not seem to be it because I am in the 60’s which is far too low. Is it PWM ? Or do I have to change any settings on JB4 ?
Thanks a ton !!!!!

WesShaw79

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just picked up a 2022 Launch edition G70. First mod was a JB4. Next mod will be to install colder plugs and turn up the boost. I did a few WOT pulls but am unable to decypher ther datalogs. I can read datalogs but i just dont quite understand how JB4 datalogs are read. Like.....I dont understand why my timing ign1 says 14 but ign2, ign3, ign4, all say zero.
Will post Datazap here if anyone can help me understand this log. THX !!!!

Datalog attached below
BTW its the last pull in datalog....

Doesn't the Launch Edition only come in a matte gray or white? Yours looks like the regular white or possibly Siberian ice color.

ssgm1x

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Doesn't the Launch Edition only come in a matte gray or white? Yours looks like the regular white or possibly Siberian ice color.
Mine is a Matte White AWD Launch Edition. I think that photo was just one I pulled off the web. Gotta change it

Attachments

• D4C75037-570B-49B3-99C2-EB73B7A65CC5.jpeg
    D4C75037-570B-49B3-99C2-EB73B7A65CC5.jpeg
    790.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 1928106E-E5E8-451A-B030-8E12422E7B4E.jpeg
    1928106E-E5E8-451A-B030-8E12422E7B4E.jpeg
    876 KB · Views: 12