Jog Wheel Behavior after 12.5 map update

Joe7Bros

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
So I did the 12.5 update, and for now, the only thing I've noticed is the behavior of the jog dial when changing radio stations! Before the update, the station changed as I turned the wheel. Now, I have to press the wheel after I select the station to change to that station. Anyone else have that experience?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So I did the 12.5 update, and for now, the only thing I've noticed is the behavior of the jog dial when changing radio stations! Before the update, the station changed as I turned the wheel. Now, I have to press the wheel after I select the station to change to that station. Anyone else have that experience?
My G80 was always like that. I miss the tuning of my 2015 like yours used to do.

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Hmm. I wonder why this different behavior? It does not seem like an improvement over immediate tuning since an extra push is required.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Hmm. I wonder why this different behavior? It does not seem like an improvement over immediate tuning since an extra push is required.
I wonder if the update on the G90 performs similarly. Can you still simply listen to the station from the presets simply by turning the jog?

Joe7Bros

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Instead of just turning the jog wheel, now there's the extra step of pressing the wheel

StarPower

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
I've noticed several other minor changes with the 12.5 update (I updated from 10.5):

The Climate screen no longer shows which vents have air coming out of them. It used to display arrows for the vents that were in use.

Browsing through music on my USB drive has changed. Specifically, browsing by artist now plays all songs by that artist instead of allowing you to select an individual album by that artist.

Each input (e.g. AM/FM, SXM, USB) remembers its own volume.

There are probably other changes I haven't yet noticed.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.