K&N Drop-In filter

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I decided I wanted a little bit of an engine sound tone change without going overboard and dealing with a full intake or exhaust and I ordered the K&N Drop-In filter.
Ordered on the K&N site on Monday around noon and received it around noon on Tuesday!
Impressive considering it shipped FEDEX from California on Ontario, Canada in 24 hours and it only cost around $12 to ship taxes and import charge included!
Anyway the engine does sound racier. I made sure I drove with the Engine Enhanced sound off yesterday all day so I remember what the stock filter sounded like and today there is a noticable difference with the K&N.

For any of you Canadians, the cheapest place to get it all in is the K&N Canada site for the 2.0T. Prices are in USD but shipping is fast and taxes/imports fees are included!

Last edited:

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So I decided I wanted a little bite of an engine sound tone change without going overboard and dealing with a full intake or exhaust and I ordered the K&N Drop-In filter.
Ordered on the K&N site on Monday around noon and received it around noon on Tuesday!
Impressive considering it shipped FEDEX from California on Ontario, Canada in 24 hours and it only cost around $12 to ship taxes and import charge included!
Anyway the engine does sound racier. I made sure I drove with the Engine Enhanced sound off yesterday all day so I remember what the stock filter sounded like and today there is a noticable difference with the K&N.

For any of you Canadians, the cheapest place to get it all in is the K&N Canada site for the 2.0T. Prices are in USD but shipping is fast and taxes/imports fees are included!
Thanks, that's the info I wanted. I never owned a turbo but do you think the oiled filters are an issue? I have heard many non users say it would not make a difference but I thought it would. The reald question is will I hear a difference in sound over my new exhaust. Thanks for info.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks, that's the info I wanted. I never owned a turbo but do you think the oiled filters are an issue? I have heard many non users say it would not make a difference but I thought it would. The reald question is will I hear a difference in sound over my new exhaust. Thanks for info.
No the oiled filters are not an issue. K&N warranties against engine damage.
Just make sure you wipe of any access oil from the filter before you install. It is sealed in a plastic bag and you will see some access oil in the corners.
With the filter, the engine actually sounds like a turbo. Not quite BOV sound but 1/4 of the way there with some grunt!
Most people with issues end up using the cleaning kit with too much oil on it.
About 15 years ago, they used to actually state the percentage of power increase. I remember it said 4% when I bought one for my Infiniti.
Anyway I say probably 4-5 hp/tq gain!

Fgpalmer71

Getting familiar with the group...
As long as you clean it properly and avoid saturating the filter in oil your fine. I've used them many times in the past with great results. The sound is noticeable and the power gain is negligible if there is one.

Last edited:

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
No the oiled filters are not an issue. K&N warranties against engine damage.
Just make sure you wipe of any access oil from the filter before you install. It is sealed in a plastic bag and you will see some access oil in the corners.
With the filter, the engine actually sounds like a turbo. Not quite BOV sound but 1/4 of the way there with some grunt!
Most people with issues end up using the cleaning kit with too much oil on it.
About 15 years ago, they used to actually state the percentage of power increase. I remember it said 4% when I bought one for my Infiniti.
Anyway I say probably 4-5 hp/tq gain!
Ok, I have used k&n panels in all my cars jest never a turbo.