Key Fob Issue

Daffonce

Hasn't posted much yet...
Thread starter #1
New owner of a 2015 3.8 HTrac Ultimate Genny

So I go out to my car this morning. The mirrors don't fold open. I push the button to unlock the doors, nothing. Try using the buttons on the FOB, nothing. Try using the key on the trunk manually, set the alarm off, no clue how to get it to open, when i turned the key it seemed to try and closed the already closed trunk. Realize I need to learn how to use the manual keys on the door. found that answer reading here this morning. So i go in dig the second fob out of the safe. i walk up to the car and it works as expected. mirrors fold out, door button works. car starts. great. go back in finish getting ready come back out to the car, and the 2nd key fob is now doing the same thing. can start the car by placing the fob on the start button. did both of batteries die at the same time basically? never got a low battery warning for either one.

MagicRobert

Been here awhile...
It is NOT unlikely that batteries in the fobs died at the same time. The battery in the fob I use all the time and the one in the fob that is hardly ever used died within days of each other. If the battery did die you should have been getting a warning on the dashboard when you shut off the car. Your problem does not soumd like batteries, but they are ridiculously cheap to replace, and that might be a good start to diagnosing the problem. BTW, my car began warning that the key fob batteries were low looooong before they were actually almost dead. I tested them after replacement. They were marginal, but still within spec.

Daffonce

Hasn't posted much yet...
Thread starter #4
No warning but replacing battery in 1 fob fixed it, i apparently didn't swap the fobs as i thought i did, so only 1 was dead, but i never got a low battery warning. good learning experience. now know that car starts with a dead battery in the fob, and how to manually open the door if fob battery die. also found the key card thread, very tempted.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
No warning but replacing battery in 1 fob fixed it, i apparently didn't swap the fobs as i thought i did, so only 1 was dead, but i never got a low battery warning. good learning experience. now know that car starts with a dead battery in the fob, and how to manually open the door if fob battery die. also found the key card thread, very tempted.
Be forewarned about the key card, whose battery has a shorter life than the key fob.

I just buy a bunch of batteries and leave a few in the glove box.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.