KIA K900 has some great features

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Basically the same car as the G90 but with a more advanced dash and cabin.

They don't even have these features on the 2020 G90, why??
Not the same car. Its sizing is in-between the G80 and G90. The digital dash is the one on the Korean 2019 G70 sans the 3D part!

Mike734

Been here awhile...
Seattle area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Not the same car. Its sizing is in-between the G80 and G90. The digital dash is the one on the Korean 2019 G70 sans the 3D part!
Well that’s why I said “basically” the same. It’s really nice though. I like the cabin better than the G90 except for the infotainment screen. I prefer the integrated look in the G90. If it wasn’t for the KIA badge, I might get it when my lease is up.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm curious why he keeps referring to the 3.3TT as a 311hp motor, Kia's site clearly states it is 365hp just like the other vehicles it is being used in.

Mike734

Been here awhile...
Seattle area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I LOVE those blind spot cameras. The 2020 G90 better have them or at least the 2021. My lease is up at he end of 2020. I can buy a new 2021 or and “blow out the door” 2020.

FornicatorSteve

Hasn't posted much yet...
Central Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I LOVE those blind spot cameras. The 2020 G90 better have them or at least the 2021. My lease is up at he end of 2020. I can buy a new 2021 or and “blow out the door” 2020.
The blind spot cameras are on the refreshed G90, though it just displays in the regular center digital display.

I hope the G90 gets the digital display, and perhaps an interior refresh as the k900s interior looks amazing. I still prefer the outer look of the G90, however.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
I'm curious why he keeps referring to the 3.3TT as a 311hp motor, Kia's site clearly states it is 365hp just like the other vehicles it is being used in.
Cause Doug makes misstatements like that all the time!
Alex on Autos has a good review of it.
Doug is clueless (don't know why his reviews are so popular compared to much better reviewers).

He also erroneously stated numerous times that the K900 is available w/ the V8 (which it is not any longer here).

The K900 gets more up-to-date tech b/c it's a newer model.

Same reason why the E Class had tech that wasn't available on the S Class until the S Class was redone.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Doug is clueless (don't know why his reviews are so popular compared to much better reviewers).

He also erroneously stated numerous times that the K900 is available w/ the V8 (which it is not any longer here).

The K900 gets more up-to-date tech b/c it's a newer model.

Same reason why the E Class had tech that wasn't available on the S Class until the S Class was redone.
Cause he has a sarcastic and condescending way of reviewing cars. And viewers like people that do reviews in a mocking manner!

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Doug is truly the Jay Leno of auto reviewers (Leno stunk as a late night talk show host; basically dumbed-down to the lowest common denominator).

Sedona

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The G90 2020 will have them in the center. See at the 11:10 mark here

waz

Registered Member
I test drove the new K900 when it first arrived at the local dealer, and the car is a winner in terms of exterior looks, performance, technology, and amenities.

I was so impressed with it that I am seriously considering replacing my '15 Genesis Ultimate with one in August when my lease runs out.

If the sales (or lack thereof) of the 1st generation K900 is any indicator, I think Paramount Kia will be ready to offer some major discounts by then.

I got a helluva lease deal on the Gennie sedan ($3000 down and $334 per month), and I'd love to get that kind of deal on the K900.

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Agree that there are some great features, especially the blind spot cameras. Interesting that Alex attributes the price difference between the K900 and the G90 to separate Genesis branding, marketing, and dealership experience, which hasn't quite panned out yet.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I would definitely consider the K900 in 2021 when my G80 lease is up,if the new G80 doesn’t have some of these features.

Only thing that bothers me is the light colored head liner.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
DD really screwed the pooch on the review, and then blames 2 car magazines in the comment section for his errors!

I agree that Alex does the best car reviews on YouTube.
I'd say that AoA does the best wholistic/CR-oriented reviews whereas Throttle House does the best enthusiast-oriented reviews.

Agree that there are some great features, especially the blind spot cameras. Interesting that Alex attributes the price difference between the K900 and the G90 to separate Genesis branding, marketing, and dealership experience, which hasn't quite panned out yet.
Alex isn't totally off point tho.

Genesis has had separate marketing expenses from Hyundai ever since the launch of the brand - from a separate NFL marketing deal to things like sponsoring the Genesis Open (which is going on now).

Also, even under the umbrella of Hyundai dealerships - Genesis did offer lux-grade service amenities (such as loaner vehicles, valet service, free maintenance, etc.), things that Kia doesn't offer for the K900.

The latter is a big reason why the price of the G80 went up when previously, such service amenities weren't offered w/ the Genesis sedan.

Agree that the K900 does a better job w/ the blind spot cam display.

Mike734

Been here awhile...
Seattle area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Here is Alex’s review. I’m sorry for G90 fanboys but this K900 kicks the G90’s ass. Soft closing doors and electric rear shades are about the only thing the G90 has over the K900.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.